GREENBACK FOOTBALL

Vols1234

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy Matback wish i could tickle the keyboard as well as you!HaHa,any way spring went as suspected boys played hard in the scrimmages and practiced well for the most part(it is spring),QBs played well both of them very surprising at times.We also have some younger kids that will take some of the pressure off of seymour, anderson a tailback will be a sophomore had an exceptional spring.Offensive line is stronger and bigger and quicker and for the most part should be the deepest part of the team.Union county scrimmage was pretty much a jv game,they were just not very good.Grace out of Chatt has some nice athletes and as the scrimmage went along seemed to play a little better.GB scored 3 out of the first 7 times they touched the ball and won the scrimmage varsity wise i believe 5-1.We got to see what we need to work on and the kids as you say have been eating the weights since Jan.Hopefully we can stay healthy that will be the key.As you know i will always be pulling for Matback jr up the rd in maryville!

O&B I will be heading down 411 from time to time as well and I appreciate the shout out for jr. I wasn't gonna say anything about #1 in hopes of keeping him under the radar a little but thinking back to last year I'd say anyone who saw the Boys in Black knows exactly who he is. You need to get chemo and your boys to come and watch the first game on the turf at MHS this year, Alcoa on a Sunday!!!

O&B I will be heading down 411 from time to time as well and I appreciate the shout out for jr. I wasn't gonna say anything about #1 in hopes of keeping him under the radar a little but thinking back to last year I'd say anyone who saw the Boys in Black knows exactly who he is. You need to get chemo and your boys to come and watch the first game on the turf at MHS this year, Alcoa on a Sunday!!!

Matback, Can't wait for the Alcoa game. E drove by the new field the other day and called me to say it looks like a pro field! I just wish the Blount county jamboree was being held there this year so these boys from Greenback could play on it. Might give us an idea of what to expect later in the year when we go to Grace. I did have a chance to look at Grace's last week when we were there for a basketball tourney. Incredible looking but we could not walk on it. Looking forward to seeing JR play this year at MC and hope to see you on the fence this year with O&B

Chemo

Matback, Can't wait for the Alcoa game. E drove by the new field the other day and called me to say it looks like a pro field! I just wish the Blount county jamboree was being held there this year so these boys from Greenback could play on it. Might give us an idea of what to expect later in the year when we go to Grace. I did have a chance to look at Grace's last week when we were there for a basketball tourney. Incredible looking but we could not walk on it. Looking forward to seeing JR play this year at MC and hope to see you on the fence this year with O&B

Chemo

I'll be splitting time on Friday nights but I'll be there, as far as what to expect The Nation has a pretty good connection to the Rebels (o.c. and the new guy) maybe they can pull a practice string or two come time to prepare for the cheetahs. It is definitely a good looking field, it will be interesting to see how well the turf holds up.

I'll be splitting time on Friday nights but I'll be there, as far as what to expect The Nation has a pretty good connection to the Rebels (o.c. and the new guy) maybe they can pull a practice string or two come time to prepare for the cheetahs. It is definitely a good looking field, it will be interesting to see how well the turf holds up.

Matback i do believe me and the little big man will be there to watch the rebs coral the tornadoes(do we get to sit in the sky box with you and jr)haha!I do hope that our inside connection(wink-wink)can get us some time on that plastic grass,be nice to see how our speed reacts to that stuff.Well a little over a month away and life starts again!Cant wait i think we have a scrimmage with Meigs county in fall like to see how our lineman compare to the bigger tigers should be a good contest to watch.That first game should be a doozy up in them thar mountains of oneida.

Matback i do believe me and the little big man will be there to watch the rebs coral the tornadoes(do we get to sit in the sky box with you and jr)haha!I do hope that our inside connection(wink-wink)can get us some time on that plastic grass,be nice to see how our speed reacts to that stuff.Well a little over a month away and life starts again!Cant wait i think we have a scrimmage with Meigs county in fall like to see how our lineman compare to the bigger tigers should be a good contest to watch.That first game should be a doozy up in them thar mountains of oneida.

O&B have you looked at the proposed new classifications? That would put the Cherokees in a tough district!!!

O&B have you looked at the proposed new classifications? That would put the Cherokees in a tough district!!!

I dont like the new set up at all. Way to much traveling for teams and some districts are very unevenly matched. Tellico plains would be in the same district as AE and Alcoa and Grace, now is that very fiar to a small town school like tellico and sweetwater?

I dont like the new set up at all. Way to much traveling for teams and some districts are very unevenly matched. Tellico plains would be in the same district as AE and Alcoa and Grace, now is that very fiar to a small town school like tellico and sweetwater?

yeah it's fair because of enrollment numbers, it would suck like a brand new Dyson but the numbers are what they are.

yeah it's fair because of enrollment numbers, it would suck like a brand new Dyson but the numbers are what they are.

[/quote Matback,

In just looking at 2-1a I think it would be very competitive but fair. I actually like the new format better. I liked it better when Greenback played teams like Coalfield, Sunbright and Oakdake every year. Something about driving up hwy 27 on a Friday night made for great football.

In just looking at 2-1a I think it would be very competitive but fair. I actually like the new format better. I liked it better when Greenback played teams like Coalfield, Sunbright and Oakdake every year. Something about driving up hwy 27 on a Friday night made for great football.

I agree,this reminds me of the old days when we played em every year.Football shld be a tough game play the best get ready for the playoffs!Looks fine to me.South Pitts region looks like a cake walk compared to ours they should be happy campers.Moving Trousdale county down will be a tough task for any of us.We will see,i just dont see them getting rid of money though six championship games will bring in more money.