Clarksville-Northwest Coaching Search

howdoitknow

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly can't remember of a 5A football program in the state going so long and so late into the Spring without a head football coach. I know of several men who have applied or made inquiries and their phone calls are not returned. Unless you have one of three certifications you won't get the job no matter how good you are as a coach. It seems obvious the administration does not care about football.

NW did scrimmage Stewart Co. & Houston Co. this spring

Did the outgoing coach supervise the team in the spring? If not, who is the new coach? I know they reposted the position on the TSSAA bulletin board for the 3rd time this spring. Either no one wants the job or no one is qualified to fill the position because of no teaching slots. The other possibility is the county AD is going to force someone to take the job from another school.

You've got to be kidding me. Is there still no head coach?

If not, do they expect to win a game this year? Or better yet, would they rather not even field a team? I understand priorities, but I do not understand some of these schools that don't even appear to be trying. The kids at that school deserve much better.

You've got to be kidding me. Is there still no head coach?

If not, do they expect to win a game this year? Or better yet, would they rather not even field a team? I understand priorities, but I do not understand some of these schools that don't even appear to be trying. The kids at that school deserve much better.

Ask any coach who has worked in Clarksville Montgomery County schools and they will tell you it's frustrating. They will tell you up front its not about winning games. They will assign someone to coach the team with NO assistant coaches on staff and then parents will complain when they can't compete and the cycle starts all over again. It really depends on the local school principal and the athletic director. If they are smart they can move teachers around to help make the schedule work to get a coach into a slot. Most school systems search for the BEST COACH and then make the schedule work. I don't think anyone at CMCSS thinks that way. A buddy of mine said the county AD will probably force some assistant coach from another school in the district to take over the program for the year.

Maybe when "good coaches" from surrounding school districts do indeed apply the people in charge (Johnson & Smith) should give them a serious look. At this rate Clarksville-NW will be lucky to not get MERCY RULED in each of their 10 games this upcoming season.

That wouldn't be new they got MERCY RULED 13 of their last 20 games.