9-AAA

SCBEST10

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Originally I had WC in the #3 position. After seeing Central's stats on the shelbyville game. Only allowed 40 yards rushing. 15-20 in the last 2 minutes of the game. Yes shelbyville had around 200 passing yards but Central's D made some changes only allowing 27 passing yards in the 2nd half. I believe they can contend with MJ and Beech now. We can give up 150-200 yds and 2 tds for Hurd and still possibly outscore them.

Originally I had WC in the #3 position. After seeing Central's stats on the shelbyville game. Only allowed 40 yards rushing. 15-20 in the last 2 minutes of the game. Yes shelbyville had around 200 passing yards but Central's D made some changes only allowing 27 passing yards in the 2nd half. I believe they can contend with MJ and Beech now. We can give up 150-200 yds and 2 tds for Hurd and still possibly outscore them.

But you may give up more than just 2 td's to Hurd, at least all the rest of us have, lol......Haven't seen WC defense, so I cant comment, but we have played MJ and Beech. I think of those two, MJ has the better, more well rounded defense. They also have more running backs than I have seen, and they can all hurt ya. But I agree with the others, right now WC, MJ and Beech are the top 3 teams in our district, and the rest are just going to have to slug it out. IF we play like we did against White House, we should do well, yes we beat Greenbrier, and it was a ugly win ( we had 2 td called back) but, the boys never gave up, never got down, and just kept digging course Greenbrier never gave up either, they just kept clawing away at us.. We were just in much better physical shape than we have been in years past, and its showing. Thats a testament to our new offensive coordinator/strength coach. Good luck to everyone this week, and I pray for a safe game for all.

if it werent for District 7 AAA, WC would have the best Defense in west and middle tennessee. They stopped a D-1 running back in Shelbyville. Shelbyville passed the ball well in the 1st half considering WC most likely prepared for the RB of SCHS. But they are very suprising. Anxious to see the Beech v. WC game in 2 weeks. WC gets a bye, considering they play Lebanon. While Beech plays MJ. Interesting to see the turnout.

After 4 games there are 3 undefeated teams left in the district. Beech,5A Mt juliet 6A and Wilson central6A.

Beech and Mt Juliet play this friday. Winner of Friday night game more than likley clenches at least a tie for top in region. Here is how i see it coming down.

Beech---(5A) if you are going to beat them make it now. (If you can stop 18) and the rest of the weapons... Another couple weeks and they have even more weapons. As 5 comes back. Already got a boost when big 64 decided he was missing football. That gave Beech more depth at O/D line. Beech defense is getting better each week. An Injury free Beech team will have another ceremony for the GOLDEN BALL!!!

Mt.Juliet---(6A) they have a whole mess of backs. suppose to have a tough defense also. Will make playoffs in 6A but man there are some tough 6A teams in the mid state area.

Wilson Central---(6A) they are the suprise team so far... They have been on the bottom of district recently and seem to be finding a way out of it. They too should make playoffs. But again 6A playoffs....

The WC-Centenial game will be a big game next friday. Both teams will more than likely be undefeated going into this game. If central wins and Beech beats MJ then the Central-Beech game will be even more exciting. WC was a very young team last year with a lot of sophomore starters and they are more experienced this year and now have confidence they didn't have last year. I am very anxious to see the MJ Beech turnout also.

The WC-Centenial game will be a big game next friday. Both teams will more than likely be undefeated going into this game. If central wins and Beech beats MJ then the Central-Beech game will be even more exciting. WC was a very young team last year with a lot of sophomore starters and they are more experienced this year and now have confidence they didn't have last year. I am very anxious to see the MJ Beech turnout also.

I am anxious for the centennial/wilson central game also. Centennial and wilson central are both teams on the rise.