9-AAA

SCBEST10

I see the playoff spots going to the same teams as last year. Barring injuries, here's how I see them finishing.

1. Beech

2. Mt Juliet

3. Station Camp

4. Hendersonville

5. Gallatin

6. Wilson Central

7. Portland

8. Lebanon

Beech has stayed healthy this summer and wil get a nice test at Oakland next week. They could drop a game or two early, but will be hard to handle when the offensive backfield is back to full strength at mid season.

Tandem, what does Beech return in terms of linemen? I know you all have some very good skill players, but I'm curious about the trenches. Could be the deciding factor in our game against you come week 1. At his point, the lines are probably the biggest question mark for Henry County. Good strength and over all size, but a ton of inexperience.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i could be wrong... but my reasoning is as follows. Portland could pull out a win against both WC and Lebanon and may win the non-district games. Gallatin on the other hand has a rookie head coach, rookie DC, (not sure about the OC) If the first half of the season doesnt go well they may pack in the second half, overall record could possibly be worse than Portland in that senerio.

Well Gallatin does have new coaches at OC, DC, and HC but Gallatin only has missed the post season 3 times in their history due to their play on the field. I just don't see Gallatin finishing that far behind the rest of the pack. Each time they have missed the playoffs they were just barely out of playoff eligibility and not second to last in the league. Portland does have a much easier of out district schedule however they didn't fare well last year with the same teams. Gallatin could finish that low but I just don't see it.

I do see lots of close games this year and I doubt any team will go undefeated in the district. Beech with or without the other good runningback will be hard to beat. They have good talent at the skill positions and in the line. Mt Juliet is loaded at the skill positions and Perry is the master at running the wing-t. Hendersonville has a ton of experiencein the line and skill postions. QB is still the sticking point. Wilson Central is going to be better. Station Camp has the most explosive player in the district and they could have a breakout year. I think the new coaching staff at Gallatin will have the boys ready to play. It will interesting to see what adjustments they will make throughout the year.

Station Camp has the most explosive player in the district and they could have a breakout year.

I agree that they may be tough to beat, but the most explosive player in the district? Hurd is running a 4.4 consistently, and just posted a 4.37 at a combine out of state. Should be some great match-ups irregardless! August 17th cannot get here soon enough!

Tandem, what does Beech return in terms of linemen? I know you all have some very good skill players, but I'm curious about the trenches. Could be the deciding factor in our game against you come week 1. At his point, the lines are probably the biggest question mark for Henry County. Good strength and over all size, but a ton of inexperience.

Beech returns 3 starters on the o-line including a very good LT. On D, they lost most of the starters but return 3 or 4 kids who played quite a bit. I was very impressed with them in the spring against Oakland and Dickson Co. Probably will be some growing pains on both sides of the ball early in the season.

Whats the acessment of the back up QB'S for the wave this year ...I understand the injured shoulder Clay Carnes got in the Hendersonville playoff game last year has enable him to trow the football so far this preseason ...

I don't think it is smart to talk about injuries already. That just adds fuel to the opposition.

Gallatin is not the only team losing key personel. Confirmed in the local article, Dorian Carter will not be playing for Beech this year. Also the big fullback for Station Camp goes down to injury which may end his playing career.

Carter is "no longer at Beech" because he has to attend RT Fisher for a certain number of days. Once he completes his time there, he is free to return to Beech and the team. My understanding in talking to folks close to the program.

Edited by tandem