9-AAA

SCBEST10

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

With practice fixing to start and me getting bored reading all of the East Tenn threads, I thought it was time to get this one back on the front page. How has everyone looked so far? I hear Wilson Central has looked fairly well. Beech and Mt Juliet still are the front runners but Hville is close behind. Middle of the pack will be a dog fight. Hard to see Lebanon and Portland getting a playoff spot right now. However a few upset wins and they are in the mix.

I see the playoff spots going to the same teams as last year. Barring injuries, here's how I see them finishing.

1. Beech

2. Mt Juliet

3. Station Camp

4. Hendersonville

5. Gallatin

6. Wilson Central

7. Portland

8. Lebanon

Beech has stayed healthy this summer and wil get a nice test at Oakland next week. They could drop a game or two early, but will be hard to handle when the offensive backfield is back to full strength at mid season.

I see the playoff spots going to the same teams as last year. Barring injuries, here's how I see them finishing.

1. Beech

2. Mt Juliet

3. Station Camp

4. Hendersonville

5. Gallatin

6. Wilson Central

7. Portland

8. Lebanon

Beech has stayed healthy this summer and wil get a nice test at Oakland next week. They could drop a game or two early, but will be hard to handle when the offensive backfield is back to full strength at mid season.

Good assessment, and I agree that Station Camp will be much stronger than what people are expecting. The Bucs will be fine early on, and I am eager for the return of our midseason addition as much on defense as on offense.

Big D....seriously....Hey Tandem and Vol74, I have heard that the kid in question will no longer be playing at Beech and may even have moved out of zone. Hopefully he can get his life straight because he had some talent.

yeah why, you think Gallatin can compete for 6th?

Simply because Portland will not be good enough in the district to finish that high.

well i could be wrong... but my reasoning is as follows. Portland could pull out a win against both WC and Lebanon and may win the non-district games. Gallatin on the other hand has a rookie head coach, rookie DC, (not sure about the OC) If the first half of the season doesnt go well they may pack in the second half, overall record could possibly be worse than Portland in that senerio.

1. Beech

2. Mt Juliet

3. Station Camp

4. Hendersonville

5. Gallatin

6. Wilson Central

7. Portland

8. Lebanon

I like these picks from 1-6. I will still pick PHS last based on they have always been last. Until they prove me wrong I will continue to pick them last. I'm still worried about the lineman on both sides of the ball for the Bears. I would rather play GHS early on. Never count GHS out of being one of the top tier teams. I think SC beats HHS this year in another close game.

Big D....seriously....Hey Tandem and Vol74, I have heard that the kid in question will no longer be playing at Beech and may even have moved out of zone. Hopefully he can get his life straight because he had some talent.

Yes, he is a talented young man, and I hope that he does as well. To answer your question, I have heard the same thing, but have no facts either way. I believe that he would still, to my understanding, have to finish out his punishment (at the alternative school) that Beech assigned. Then, after that is completed, he would be able to begin practicing/playing around midseason for whichever school that he is at. I still have a lot of faith in our team irregardless of that outcome though.

Good luck to you all this year. I hope that the new crew comes together and builds another strong & successful program.