Final...Cookeville 19, Cumberland Co 7

TheAnswer9

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cookeville gave up a first possession score to Crossville, then made some adjustments and played aggressive defense the rest of the night. I noticed the young kid #12 didn't start for Cookeville at linebacker-he later was put in and sacked the quarterback and recovered a fumble. What is his status? The offensive line of Cookeville did a great job maintaining their blocks- Cookeville coaches made some timely and great calls including a tight end pass on fourth down that maintained the drive and led to a score.

Great Game CAVS- good to see enthusiasm by players and coaches.

Guest CCHSFan
Posted by Bond:

guys i don't really know yuns and i don't play yuns but i sure am proud of ya for puttin the jets where they belong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

The Jets BELONG in the playoffs! Friday's loss will just shock the Big Blue into not being overconfident against any opponent for the rest of the season!

The Jets beat themselves Friday night with penalties. You can not commit false start penalties on third and short as many times as they did Friday night and hope to win against a tough opponent.

The Jets also had some help in the loss with several questionable calls by officials. The last time i checked a false start penalty was a five yard markoff and not six as an official did on the Jets' second series of the first quarter. It made third and 1 into third and 7. The Jets made six of it back on the next play.

Cookeville's coaches were also not overly pleased with Friday night's officiating.

Cookeville also did a good job running their big back ??? Buckner (#41). He is a hoss!

I would have liked to have seen more runs to the outside than they had (maybe the option a little more?) and I liked the quick passes.

Go JETS!!! Beat McMinn County Thursday and let's roll into the playoffs!

Posted by Rukidnme:

It eliminates Coffee County. And it means Franklin Co., Cumberland Co., Lincoln Co. and Cookeville are in. All four teams play each other and here is how it breaks down, I think???

If Cook. and CC win--1. Cook 2. CC 3. FC 4. LC

If Cook. and LC win-- 1. Cook. 2. FC 3. LC 4. CC

If FC and CC win-- 1. CC 2. FC 3. Cook 4. LC

If CC and LC win--you have one big mess with all four teams with a 4-2 region record and all would have beat each other. :confused: :confused: :confused:

If FC and LC win, wouldn't that make it 1.FC 2.Cookville 3. LC 4. CC ?

Guest cavalier67
Posted by rebelfootball76:
Posted by Rukidnme:

It eliminates Coffee County. And it means Franklin Co., Cumberland Co., Lincoln Co. and Cookeville are in. All four teams play each other and here is how it breaks down, I think???

If Cook. and CC win--1. Cook 2. CC 3. FC 4. LC

If Cook. and LC win-- 1. Cook. 2. FC 3. LC 4. CC

If FC and CC win-- 1. CC 2. FC 3. Cook 4. LC

If CC and LC win--you have one big mess with all four teams with a 4-2 region record and all would have beat each other. :confused: :confused: :confused:

If FC and LC win, wouldn't that make it 1.FC 2.Cookville 3. LC 4. CC ?

I told you all that we would win. Franklin County your next.

I just can't believe the Offensive Coordinator for Cumberland County didn't adjust when we tightened up the middle after the first series. This guy kept trying the same old stuff, he was the best player we had on the team. Thanks Coach :)

Great job Cavaliers on the BIG win against Cumberland County and against Lincoln County. You guys continue to work hard and let those great coaches bring the region championship back to Cookeville. Good Luck the rest of the season and my eyes are on you even in Georgia. Best of Luck, Way to go. I am proud of you guys.

Coach O

Posted by Odie:

Great job Cavaliers on the BIG win against Cumberland County and against Lincoln County. You guys continue to work hard and let those great coaches bring the region championship back to Cookeville. Good Luck the rest of the season and my eyes are on you even in Georgia. Best of Luck, Way to go. I am proud of you guys.

Coach O

I know i shouldbnt be on here..but i wanted to give a shout out to Coach O!!! You da man!! We miss you here in Cookeville and wish you the best of luck in GA. Hope to see ya soon

I have to agree with Cavalier67, what was Cumberland County's offensive play calling about? Cookeville put 10 of 11 guys in the box to stop the run. They put everyone in the middle to stop Ostrander.Hey I know he is good but no one could have run against that front. They did not even try to run outside to spread the defense out after the first series.

Congrats to Cookeville they really played hard!

I hope the Jets can re-focus and win the remaining two games.I think that if they learn from their mistakes they can do damage in the playoffs.

We've been telling you boys on the mountain that a wake-up call is coming. This game is just the beginning. Just ask the Cookeville boys who just beat, they used to play some of the Murfreesboro teams. You guys are simply a decent team in a horrible region. Enjoy the regular season because the playoffs will end QUICKLY.

What goes around comes around. :o