Who will make the Class 1A State Tournament?

Volzchamps

Based off the matchups for Friday I'll say

Riverside

Huntingdon

Columbia Academy

Eagleville

Friendship Christian

Jackson Co.

Knox Grace

North Greene

Jackson county should definitely not make it. They looked pretty bad tonight. Threw a pitcher who was throwing mid 60's, well maybe that. We couldn't hit it well but got lucky with them making errors. If they make the state tournament then I'll be super surprised

Based off the matchups for Friday I'll say

Riverside

Huntingdon

Columbia Academy

Eagleville

Friendship Christian

Jackson Co.

Knox Grace

North Greene

I would replace CA with Cascade and Jackson Co. with South Pittsburg. I know everybody is picking FC and Riverside to win it all (might happen) but watch out for Eaglevile if they get past Mt. Pleasant. Pitching depth really matters in the state tournament. They are also battle tested. approximately 15 games against teams still in the H.S playoffs. Of course 6 games against Cascade, other teams they have played one or more times. FC, Huntington, Germantown, Ezell Harding, CPA, Springhill. I'm sure I left someone out. They have played a very tough schedule but I believe it will help them if they can get by a tough Mt. Plaesant team in the sectional.

Jackson county should definitely not make it. They looked pretty bad tonight. Threw a pitcher who was throwing mid 60's, well maybe that. We couldn't hit it well but got lucky with them making errors. If they make the state tournament then I'll be super surprised

I wouldn't be too surprised! JC will throw their ace, Leonard, so it'll make it a competitive game in my opinion. I don't expect JC to win, but it'll be a better game than some might think.

I certainly have not saw all 8 probable state tournament teams that will be playing in the Boro but I do have some experience and good knowledge on the state tournament as i've tracked it for years! To advance a HUGE key is pitching! I don't know this for fact but i'd be willing to bet nobody in the state is as deep as Grace's 1, 2, and don't forget about the 3 punch! Helton throws heat with great control as does Slagle behind him and Shelton coming in third! I know FCS, Riverside, and Eagleville are thought to be the favorites but don't sleep on GCA. I've saw them many times this year and they are MUCH better than last year's state tournament team and they should make noise! :thumb:

I certainly have not saw all 8 probable state tournament teams that will be playing in the Boro but I do have some experience and good knowledge on the state tournament as i've tracked it for years! To advance a HUGE key is pitching! I don't know this for fact but i'd be willing to bet nobody in the state is as deep as Grace's 1, 2, and don't forget about the 3 punch! Helton throws heat with great control as does Slagle behind him and Shelton coming in third! I know FCS, Riverside, and Eagleville are thought to be the favorites but don't sleep on GCA. I've saw them many times this year and they are MUCH better than last year's state tournament team and they should make noise! :thumb:

All you say may be true. However, there is something to be said for being there and actually winning a game first. GRACES 0-2 vist last year is a far cry from winning it all. It appears this may be the most evenly contested state tournament in several years with many having a legit chance at the title. My favorites would be Decatur Co (history & on a mission), FC (see basketball & football rrsults this yr), Eagleville (8 Srs). Each of these programs have been there many consecutive years, won games, and will have as much or more pitching depth than the Rams.

Not to mention each of the teams have played a lot tougher schedule than the Rams run thru East TN. All that said, anything is possible.

Edited by Volzchamps

All you say may be true. However, there is something to be said for being there and actually winning a game first. GRACES 0-2 vist last year is a far cry from winning it all. It appears this may be the most evenly contested state tournament in several years with many having a legit chance at the title. My favorites would be Decatur Co (history & on a mission), FC (see basketball & football rrsults this yr), Eagleville (8 Srs). Each of these programs have been there many consecutive years, won games, and will have as much or more pitching depth than the Rams.

Not to mention each of the teams have played a lot tougher schedule than the Rams run thru East TN. All that said, anything is possible.

I agree with you, not a GCA fan i've just been around baseball awhile and have just been impressed by what they've shown. I'm not looking at them to take state uncontested because it's usally heck for teams from east TN! As talked about in another thread the last team from the east to my knowledge that made alot of noise at state was the 2004 Harriman team but that's just off the top of my head so correct me if i'm wrong. Last I couldn't agree more about it being evenly matched, it's going to be a great tournament with no clear cut favorite! :popcorneater:

I agree with you, not a GCA fan i've just been around baseball awhile and have just been impressed by what they've shown. I'm not looking at them to take state uncontested because it's usally heck for teams from east TN! As talked about in another thread the last team from the east to my knowledge that made alot of noise at state was the 2004 Harriman team but that's just off the top of my head so correct me if i'm wrong. Last I couldn't agree more about it being evenly matched, it's going to be a great tournament with no clear cut favorite! :popcorneater:

2004 Harriman was beat in sub state by UNAKA.