Carly Dickens (Clarkrange)

Jaycee Coe (Jackson County)

Makenzie Hensley (Jackson County)

Leeann Baggett (Houson County)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

self correct-Clay Co got 2 not 3....still, went an entire quarter of not scoring, lost by 2 in ot, and they got 2 all staters and Claire is left out...

I myself thought Claire Franklin deserved to be on the list, but Mr.Vandy if you do not think that Sydney Roach and Casey Cooper deserves to be recognized then who does in case you did not notice they are the STATE CHAMPS. Congrats SYD and COOP

Summertown's Claire Franklin deserved to be on here....Stown went 7-0 vs Miss Basketball finalists (no other team can say such) and they dont even get one player, yet a team they lost to by 2 pts in overtime despite an entire quarter of not scoring gets 3??? Something is amiss

They may have been 7-0 against teams with miss basketball finalist on them, but the overall quality of the teams they played where lacking. I'm not saying she doesn't deserve to be on the list, but when making lists like this things like that is taken into consideration.

I myself thought Claire Franklin deserved to be on the list, but Mr.Vandy if you do not think that Sydney Roach and Casey Cooper deserves to be recognized then who does in case you did not notice they are the STATE CHAMPS. Congrats SYD and COOP

I would say that she should have been ahead of Baggett, the girl from Cosby, the girl from Tellico Plains...not disputing that Roach and Coop didnt deserve, they were two of the very best Stown faced all season along with Risner

Ande everyone agrees that Stown was very much the equal of Clay County...one of the vvery best games played within the state the entire season...lmuch props to Clay on the gold ball

If you want to pick on someone it should have been Jackson Co. they had three on the list and Clay only had two with Clay beating Jackson for the state title

First let me say that all girls on the list are deserving as well as many others that are not on the list. That is a credit to the depth of girls high school basketball in the state of tennessee. Remember, this is not an "ALL STATE TOURNAMENT TEAM". It is a team based on whole season performance. Granted, making it to the state tournament allows more exposure for players to other sports writers from across the state that would not normally get to see them during the regular season. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by HCFlight

I am happy for the kids that made the team but i have got to question how the voters think!

My question is how does a team from region 2A get a player on there that is off a 3-23 team and that region's MVP gets nothing?

I'm an Oneida guy and really feel that we had players that were as good as some taken From where I come from teams that win get recognized. 3-23 is a bit of a reach. And I'm sorry you can't make an argument for strength of schedule when you have Harriman with a strength rank of 94 and a record of 3-23

Harriman was 3-23 this year!

I think Summertown has a pretty good argument whoever voted on that shouldn't be allowed to vote anymore. Great player but if you go stat for stat our center probably has better numbers and she's only a soph.

Edited by Indianoutlaw

I am happy for the kids that made the team but i have got to question how the voters think!

My question is how does a team from region 2A get a player on there that is off a 3-23 team and that region's MVP gets nothing?

I'm an Oneida guy and really feel that we had players that were as good as some taken From where I come from teams that win get recognized. 3-23 is a bit of a reach. And I'm sorry you can't make an argument for strength of schedule when you have Harriman with a strength rank of 94 and a record of 3-23

Harriman was 3-23 this year!

I think Summertown has a pretty good argument whoever voted on that shouldn't be allowed to vote anymore. Great player but if you go stat for stat our center probably has better numbers and she's only a soph.

I'm not sure how the girl's are picked but I do know that my daughter has been told by several coaches that she is an excellent player on a really bad team and that she is one of the most respected players in her district. She has a great attitude and great sportsmanship. And, I for one think she is very deserving.