Shelbyville Eaglettes job rumors since Friday

Rumormill

Daily ramblings of the ole rumormill

Look for this job to be filled by next Friday at the latest. Numerous people have either told Don Embry they are not interested or in one case absolutely not nor will never be. Whom ever does take over is taking over a team that will 4th at best in a very bad district 8 aaa girls side with only one maybe 2 good teams in it. The two names that will end up taking over will be the boys coach Kevin Thomas or MTSU assistant Lynn Burkey. To bring this program back to prominence it is going to take someone who knows how the program was built and will get back in the trenches to do it in the younger ages. Burkey started the downward spiral by not doing this, Clark coached what Burkey had left and reaped what he had sown over his tenure so he couldn't do it before what makes Embry think he is going to change to do this. Thomas was there with Insell he saw the inner workings of how it was done so in my opinion he would be the better fit. But who ever takes over it will be a up hill battle, especially with a Insell at your biggest rival with a ego a mile long and a attitude towards shelbyville central and Don Embry of hatred and bitterness, this will not be good for the Eaglettes as long as he is at Franklin Co.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say this about RumorMill's posts. Even if some won't admit it, you have made some people laugh more than you know. So when are you going to give us the next rumor updates? lol I hear while some may be fiction others may be closer to truth than you realize.

Btw, when did the Shelbyville job become the laughing stock of CoachT. In years past, it was one of the best in the state, if not the nation. Now, back-to-back losing seasons and a post that makes the job look like a big joke. I posted this on a different thread about the status of that program. Now we see what many others thought. It is a big joke right now with no fix in sight.

I have no dog in the hunt. Nor did I take a side when the Shelbyville admin chose between Allison Clark and Tom Insell. The divide between those supporters runs deep as shown in this post and the number of people who have viewed/talked about it.

Perhaps we need to turn the recruiting spotlight from Shelbyville to other teams in the middle tennessee area who are recruiting like Rick Insell used to be accused of doing (it has been stated here so it must be true...lol).

Riverdale is the new recruiting hotbed. Transfers happen every year there, but of course it is all legit. They now have the dominance that Shelbyville used to have. Numerous state titles and tournament appearances. And let's not forget our good buddy Tom Insell from Franklin County who managed to get a "transfer" from Grundy County who took his team from being a bottom of the district team to a contender or look at Lawrence County who was the recipient of the ever-rotating Gilbert sisters (Shelbyville, Lawrence Co, now Columbia) who helped lead the Lady Wildcats to district championships. So, while I am not from Shelbyville, let me say they are not recruiting anymore (obviously, as shown by their record lol), but they are not the only team to have been the recipient of "non-local" kids who helped push them to success. Especially in nearly last decade.

A friend of mine told me that the last state championship won down in Shelbyville was with a locals so apparently it can be done. That team had Alex Fuller, Ashleigh Newman, etc. If I am not mistaken, they were on Dateline that year too. That would have been 2004?

Ok, I am getting off my soapbox now....

Not so fast my friend. Ashley Newman was from Murfreesboro