Who Will Make Class AA State Tourney?

doinwork10

Would like to see Spring Hill vs Goodpasture match up in State. SH beat a solid Mont Central team starting their #3 and finishing with their #4. As I've stated on other strings, their pitching is as deep as you will see in AA if not AAA. Goodpasture evidently has some monster bats so it would be a good un.

How would you compare SH's team this year to the SH team from last year?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pitching overall is better, defense suffers some without Dathan Pruett at SS-he was DH only in Districts so don't know if he is back in field yet. Bats still have good pop but maybe not quite as much as last year. Very well coached team that doesn't seem to panic in a pinch and will go for the jugular when given the opportunity. In my opinion, the key to beating them is to hit the ball and produce runs when men are in scoring position (Duh). Saw way too many opptys blown to either get close or pull away when we had men on base and they always seemed to get the timely out. Minimize errors and don't give them any free outs. Don't throw D. Pruett inside or he will pull one over LF wall-it says 310 I think but it plays more like 290.

Replace Notre Dame with East Hamilton

You can replace Notre Dame and East Hamilton with Red Bank.

Nobody gave us a chance after our last three weeks of regular season going into District but these boys found a way to come together and get it done. Most of them have been playing together since they were 7 years old and were determined to get the job done. I have been around ball all of my life and have never seen anything like the last 4 games. They were behind late in the game in every game and found a way not to give up and were able to comeback then hang on for the win, in the District Championship game we were down by three in the top of the 7th and somehow put 10 on the scoreboard in that inning alone.

This is the first in Red Bank Baseball history that they have made it to the state.

I am so proud of these boys and what they have accomplished...Keep it going in the "Boro". We will all be there cheering for everyone of you.