District 7AA

logcabinman

Not bad Saturday morning vs Soddy-Daisy, for Sequatchie. Game was 3 touchdowns to 3 when it looked to be starters/main backups. Sequatchie scored 1 more when using all reserves on the line, starting backs (most of them relatively inexperienced at their positions) vs SD backups. Starters for both teams went back in for the final series, 7 plays each from the 50. SD gained about 15 yards, Sequatchie made it to the 10 by the last play.

Not bad Saturday morning vs Soddy-Daisy, for Sequatchie. Game was 3 touchdowns to 3 when it looked to be starters/main backups. Sequatchie scored 1 more when using all reserves on the line, starting backs (most of them relatively inexperienced at their positions) vs SD backups. Starters for both teams went back in for the final series, 7 plays each from the 50. SD gained about 15 yards, Sequatchie made it to the 10 by the last play.

Nice scrimmage overall. The one long pass was actually on Sequatchie's 2nd secondary as they rolled them in and out. Pickett was out because of a cut on the play. 10 play format is ok but a down and distance game, in my opinion, would have done wonders for the Indians because the Trojans had trouble stopping the Indians. The last series was 6 plays each from the 50 and the Trojans ended about the same place they started and Sequatchie missed a TD pass from the 10. Lots of work to do but not a bad day for 4 practices.On a side note, both QB looked poised and comfortable throwing the ball as each had a touchdown pass. Biggest stat for the Indians....0 fumbles, 0 turnovers.

• Upvote 1

Nice scrimmage overall. The one long pass was actually on Sequatchie's 2nd secondary as they rolled them in and out. Pickett was out because of a cut on the play. 10 play format is ok but a down and distance game, in my opinion, would have done wonders for the Indians because the Trojans had trouble stopping the Indians. The last series was 6 plays each from the 50 and the Trojans ended about the same place they started and Sequatchie missed a TD pass from the 10. Lots of work to do but not a bad day for 4 practices.On a side note, both QB looked poised and comfortable throwing the ball as each had a touchdown pass. Biggest stat for the Indians....0 fumbles, 0 turnovers.

Would have been nice to have had a depth chart/roster during the scrimmage for quick reminder on who everyone was. I was surprised to see Tucker leave the hardwood and step onto the football field. He could bring great deal of speed/quickness to the Indians backfield this fall.

Any other new faces I may have missed?

I rode up from pikeville with my dad saturday and watched sequatchie scrimmage just because I love valley football. Being from bledsoe Im not a big sequatchie fan I just like to see valley schools do good. Sequatchie looked pretty solid in their scrimmage for it to be their first week in spring practice. Bledsoe had a good offseason getting bigger and stronger in the weightroom. We just have to fill the key positions we lost. Signal sounds to be as stacked as always, and as for CCS and ND i figure they will be as good as they were last year. Grundy could make a run in the district but they wont beat signal. Here is how I see it for now.

1.Signal

2.Grundy/Bledsoe

2.Grundy/Bledsoe

4.Sequatchie

5.Notre Dame

6.CCS

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...