District 3A tournament

olerockyrebel

Thoughts and predictions on what can happen in this tournament? Grace will take the championship but who takes second? Rockwood has clinched the two seed into a first round bye. I think there are two dangerous teams in this tournament besides Grace and Rockwood. Midway proved a week ago they could play with only a 4 point loss to Grace. Harriman hasn't seemed to pick up it's baseball yet but as history shows they come to play when it matters most. If I had to pick a dark horse it would be Harriman as long as they erase the errors they've had the times i've saw this bunch play. They've got some good athletes on that field and can compete for a spot in the region but getting by Rockwood and Grace will be a tough match!

Here are the probable match-ups for the tournament

#5Harriman vs #4Greenback

Winner will play #1Grace

#6Tellico vs #3Midway

Winner will play Rockwood

Is Greenback not a three seed?I thought i seen on the standings on here they are a three seed?

Edited by orngnblk

GRACE SHOULD EASY BUT I THINK SOMEONE WILL PLAY THEM TOUGH DONT KNOW WHO ITS GOING TO BE BUT I THINK SOMEONE WILL GIVE IT A GOOD GO AND THE BEST GAME OF THE TOURNY WILL PROB BE THE ONE TONIGHT BETWEEN ROCKWOOD AND MIDWAY SPLIT DURING THE SEASON BLOWOUT FIRST GAME BUT ROCKWOOD SEEN THE REAL MIDWAY TEAM THE 2ND TIME I THINK BUT STILL THINK ROCKWOOD WILL WIN TONIGHT IF THERE #2 PITCHER DONT WALK TO MANY

Last night's scores..

Grace-18 vs Harriman-3

Rockwood-6 vs Midway-3

Losers bracket game today is very intriguing..

Harriman vs Midway 7:30

Winners Bracket

Grace vs Rockwood 5:00

The Midway vs Harriman elimination game should be a good go around as both teams split in the regular season, I imagine Randolph on the hill for Harriman and Moore on the hill for Midway.. Both pitchers seemed to have their way with the opposing teams in the earlier matchups this season as both picked up wins. But with Midway playing away Harriman should have an advantage with the bats starting to really come out for the Blue Devils!

Grace vs Rockwood probably won't be a close one. It'll be a Helton vs Breazeale matchup on the hill but that doesn't matter. You can throw any pitchery you want but when it comes down to it Grace' bats are just too much for anybody in this District to overcome! Grace cruises again tonight with the run rule in affect after 5!

Good luck to all teams! :thumb::popcorneater:

Grace wins 16-6 in game one. Rockwood made some noise early, but Grace bats just too much for them in the end.

Midway beats Harriman 1-0 in a pitcher's duel with Viar going for Midway and Works for Harriman.

Harriman had two runners aboard with 1 out in the 7th, but grounded into a game ending double play. Blue Devils eliminated.

Midway will play Rockwood tomorrow at 5pm, winner advances to championship at 7:30 v. Grace University.

Grace wins 16-6 in game one. Rockwood made some noise early, but Grace bats just too much for them in the end.

Midway beats Harriman 1-0 in a pitcher's duel with Viar going for Midway and Works for Harriman.

Harriman had two runners aboard with 1 out in the 7th, but grounded into a game ending double play. Blue Devils eliminated.

Midway will play Rockwood tomorrow at 5pm, winner advances to championship at 7:30 v. Grace University.

Grace=run rule