Week 10 Waverly @ Fairview

TANK77

This week is a very big week for Waverly and Fairview , who ever wins this game will get second in the region. I know its gonna be a hard faught game between the two. It will help Fairview playing at home alot because our fans get behind us majorly, and everyone here knows how big of a game this is for all of us.

Well I would like to here everyones prediction, NOT from people who are from Fairview or Waverly. So everyone else please let me hear your predictions! :(

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron Cothran continues to open eyes and mouths, this time more than ever. #22 amassed 354 yds on 42 carries (8.4 yds/carry) and the Yellow Jackets improved their region record to 2-2. Cothran now has 1912 rushing yards, so expect him to surpass 2000 this year. In 2 weeks they have a big one against Waverly, who is coming off a big region win over Loretto, 27-13. The Tigers have a vaunted rushing attack of their own, picking up 347 yds on 53 carries (6.5 yds/carry) against the Mustangs. They are led by Jesse Hayes (28-146, 1TD) and Jake Damesworth (16-100). Though Fairview is strong, I expect Waverly to be stronger Friday night in Fairview's season finale. But Cothran will pick up 215 yards. It should be a great game to look forward to in 2 weeks.

Prediction: Waverly 27, Fairview 20

I will be the first to say that both of these teams are very good teams. I mean no disrespect to either. here are some district facts: Lewis County still controls their own fate. If Waverly wins out their in 2nd place. No matter the outcome of Loretto-Lewis= Equals standings of Lewis, Waverly, Loretto, and Fairview. If Fairview wins, Lewis wins,== Lewis, Fairview, Waverly, and then Loretto. If Waverly loses both, Loretto wins == Loretto, Lewis, Fairview, and then Waverly. I'm not making any predicitions on any outcome. Still alot to be decided in weeks 9 and 10. It just not as cut and dry, to say whoever wins this game has second. ;):D:(

Guest TheFallout

Lewis Co has first no matter what. If they lose they will have one region loss, loretto will have one region loss and if waverly wins they will have one region loss. So you would go to the tie-breaker head to head games. We're just saying that Lewis loses to Loretto ok, then loretto would of lost to waverly and waverly would of lost to lewis. So it would still be a tie. So you would go to best record. Lewis would be 8-2, Waverly 8-2, and Loretto 7-3, which would eliminate loretto. So it would be between lewis and waverly, with lewis beating waverly they would hold the tie breaker over them so the seeding would be 1 lewis 2 waverly 3 loretto 4 fairview. Any way you do it lewis has 1st. Now if fairview beats waverly they would have 3rd because they lost to both lewis and loretto.

i said the same thing in my first post. if waverly wins and loretto wins. it goes to lewis, then waverly, then loretto. now if waverly loses and lewis loses. Waverly would have 2 region loses and Loretto and Lewis would both have 1 region loss. Then the tie break between them 2 would be head to head not overall records. I wasnt saying who would win the games. All I was saying was that there was more to be decided besides Fairbiew vs. Waverly in week 10

Guest hersheybaby
Posted by TheFallout:

Lewis Co has first no matter what. If they lose they will have one region loss, loretto will have one region loss and if waverly wins they will have one region loss. So you would go to the tie-breaker head to head games. We're just saying that Lewis loses to Loretto ok, then loretto would of lost to waverly and waverly would of lost to lewis. So it would still be a tie. So you would go to best record. Lewis would be 8-2, Waverly 8-2, and Loretto 7-3, which would eliminate loretto. So it would be between lewis and waverly, with lewis beating waverly they would hold the tie breaker over them so the seeding would be 1 lewis 2 waverly 3 loretto 4 fairview. Any way you do it lewis has 1st. Now if fairview beats waverly they would have 3rd because they lost to both lewis and loretto.

Waverly Beat Loretto 27-13 :D

[Edited by hersheybaby on 10-20-02 11:17P]

Being senior night in the land of the Jackets....look for Fairview to be on an all time high.Both teams will be running the ball but I feel that Fairview has the best defense.But it will be a hard nose game no matter what the score will be......Good luck to both teams...GO JACKETS!!!! ;) Faiview 24 Waverly 14

Posted by gitusome:

Being senior night in the land of the Jackets....look for Fairview to be on an all time high.Both teams will be running the ball but I feel that Fairview has the best defense.But it will be a hard nose game no matter what the score will be......Good luck to both teams...GO JACKETS!!!! ;) Faiview 24 Waverly 14

Fairview the better defense? Are you sure about that? Waverly has had 4 blow out wins while Fairview only havin 2. 2 of Waverlys blowouts where region game. I know that is just your opinion but maybe you should voice your opinion on the facts not on what you want or think.

I am sorry I didn't give the facts,jusy my opion but the actual facts can't be made till after your game with Riverside which beat Lewis Couty which shut you out.But the facts are as now is that Fairview has given up 88 points on defense and Waverly has given up 78,until Friday night...Fairview has scored 281 points and Waverly has scored 184 points until the game Friday night.I am sorry I didn't give these facts..I hope they help...Good luck! :)

Guest IndianFan10

HEY I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT YOU ARE IN FOR A RUDE AWAKENING!! HARPETH MAY NOT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO STICK OUT THROUGH THE END OF THE GAME BUT WE DEFINATELY HAD YALL BEAT. WAVERLY IS ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS AS FAR AS TALENT GOES THIS YEAR!! THEY ARE NOTHING BUT GREAT ATHELETES WITH THEIR EYES ON THAT SECOND PLACE!! IF ANYTHING YOU WILL BE WISHING YOU HAD MORE PLAYERS LIKE AARON!! THEY HAVE ALL YOUR LITTLE TRICKS FIGURED OUT!! AARON IS YOUR WHOLE TEAM!! THE ONLY OTHER PLAYER WITH ANY RUN WAS #44 AND HE DIDNT GET VERY FAR!! I WOULD JUST TELL YOUR LITTLE TEAM TO BE READY AND PREPARED FOR A TOUGH GAME!! AND AS FOR YOUR LITTLE BOY AARON I WOULD TELL HIM HE BETTER RUN LIKE THE WIND CAUSE WAVERLY IS GONNA PLOW OVER HIM AND LAY HIM OUT LIKE NO OTHER!! :)