Official Single A State Tournament Thread

crazy_cowboy89

I think just the opposite about the strength of the brackets. I think Riverside's bracket is a little tougher. Another Friendship vs Riverside championship game is still my prediction although it's HS baseball and Eagleville and Cascade are also good contenders IMHO. Hoping for some good safe games. Good luck to everyone. GO PANTHERS!!!

IMHO, I think the brackets are fairly even. If I had to choose a more difficult bracket I would say it is the bottom bracket. I think Friendship and Eagleville are two of the top three teams in the tournament and they are on the same side of the bracket. I think Grace is a stronger team then we have typically seen from the East. And I think Huntington is a very good well-rounded team. Riverside's bracket has by far the weakest team in the tournament, in North Greene. And Cascade is great when Carkuff is on the mound but not great when he is not on the mound. Dont know much about SP but they dont seem to be grat.

IMHO, I think the brackets are fairly even. If I had to choose a more difficult bracket I would say it is the bottom bracket. I think Friendship and Eagleville are two of the top three teams in the tournament and they are on the same side of the bracket. I think Grace is a stronger team then we have typically seen from the East. And I think Huntington is a very good well-rounded team. Riverside's bracket has by far the weakest team in the tournament, in North Greene. And Cascade is great when Carkuff is on the mound but not great when he is not on the mound. Dont know much about SP but they dont seem to be grat.

Kind of what you expect, Riverside #1 seed, Cascade prob #4. Friendship #2 and eagleville #3. That's typically how brackets are set, and that's the way this looks.

I haven't personally seen North Greene play but I doubt they're any weaker than Huntingdon.

Everyone seems to be overlooking this Pirate Team, which is exactly the motivation the boys need to make a serious run in the tourney. Don't be surprised to see a win over a Cascade then a really competitive game against Decatur Riverside.

Everyone seems to be overlooking this Pirate Team, which is exactly the motivation the boys need to make a serious run in the tourney. Don't be surprised to see a win over a Cascade then a really competitive game against Decatur Riverside.

South Pitt is a good team. I felt like they could make it to the Boro when we saw them back in April. Your lead off hitter is a tough out. Solid all around player. Toney will be tough to beat but you will see his match or better in Carkuff from Cascade. Whoever wins then gets Decatur Co. Carkuff will be the best you've seen all year.

I don't think anyone would be surprised if you all win it. You have a very good #1 with a good team around him. How much depth do you have at pitching though?

I don't think anyone would be surprised if you all win it. You have a very good #1 with a good team around him. How much depth do you have at pitching though?

SP has a sound pitching rotation of 3. Dont sleep on the number 2 guy though. He is as solid as it gets and has been great all year for the team. With our 2 others being Seniors as number 4 and 5.

South Pitt is a good team. I felt like they could make it to the Boro when we saw them back in April. Your lead off hitter is a tough out. Solid all around player. Toney will be tough to beat but you will see his match or better in Carkuff from Cascade. Whoever wins then gets Decatur Co. Carkuff will be the best you've seen all year.

SP has seen Carkuff this year when we played but for just 1 inning. I will be surprised if they pitch him against us though. However, SP wont be intimidated by anyone. This is one scrappy bunch thats been together for a long time. SP is a underdog going into the tourney and that suits them just fine.