Official Single A State Tournament Thread

crazy_cowboy89

I KNOW THEY HAVE BEEN TWO AND DONE IN THE PAST STATE TOURNYS BUT THIS ANT THE SAME O GRACE TEAM I HAVE SEEN THEM PLAY A FEW TIMES AND ARE SOLID ALL THE WAY AROUND TELL YOUR BOYS THEY BETTER NOT THINK THIS TEAM IS GOING TO LAY DOWN FOR THEM COME OUT READY TO PLAY THEY HAVE A GOOD #1 AND #2 PUNCH BUT THEY BEAT YOU HITTING THE BASEBALL AND I SEEN ON HERE THEIR #1 THROWS 93 I HAVE SEEN HIM PITCH 3 TIMES AND I DONT GET 93 OUT OF IT BUT HE MIGHT

Everyone seems to be overlooking this Pirate Team, which is exactly the motivation the boys need to make a serious run in the tourney. Don't be surprised to see a win over a Cascade then a really competitive game against Decatur Riverside.

I think noone should be overlooked. At this point in the season any team can lose or win. I would never bet a cent against any high school team in the playoffs. It's all just arguable opinion on my part. The better team doesn't always win.

Everyone seems to be overlooking this Pirate Team, which is exactly the motivation the boys need to make a serious run in the tourney. Don't be surprised to see a win over a Cascade then a really competitive game against Decatur Riverside.

No one is overlloking Cornbread Capitol, especially Cascade. Good luck

South Pitt is a good team. I felt like they could make it to the Boro when we saw them back in April. Your lead off hitter is a tough out. Solid all around player. Toney will be tough to beat but you will see his match or better in Carkuff from Cascade. Whoever wins then gets Decatur Co. Carkuff will be the best you've seen all year.

Eagleville faced Cascade 6 times this past season. Twice he was the starter and our ace Smith faced him, the first game went 10 innings and we lost 2-1 on a passed ball, the second we hit him better but had an error that cost us the game in the 7th. Very familiar with Carkuff. Over the past 2 years we've played them 11 times in regular and post season. I think this years final 8 are all decent teams.

Five of this year's 8 teams in Class A are returns from last year. That shows that these teams are no stranger to tough competition. Decatur and Friendship are probably at the top of the heap, but South Pitt comes in with a different attitude than last year. And I think the new bats will make a difference. A lot more fly balls will be caught rather than make it out of the park and I think that is in Pitt's favor. But good luck to everyone. It will be a great tournament.

Five of this year's 8 teams in Class A are returns from last year. That shows that these teams are no stranger to tough competition. Decatur and Friendship are probably at the top of the heap, but South Pitt comes in with a different attitude than last year. And I think the new bats will make a difference. A lot more fly balls will be caught rather than make it out of the park and I think that is in Pitt's favor. But good luck to everyone. It will be a great tournament.

You gonna be at the games D60?