where is the media coverage for moore county softball?

volsrock

Local schools who complain about a lack of media coverage often haven't done enough to seek it. As a former local TV reporter, I loved stories like the one you describe. But since we covered a hundred schools, it was hard to tell every story. Call your area newspaper, notify TV stations and flood some inboxes. You might find that there are plenty of people who would enjoy giving you some coverage.

Best of luck to Moore County in the tourney!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Local schools who complain about a lack of media coverage often haven't done enough to seek it. As a former local TV reporter, I loved stories like the one you describe. But since we covered a hundred schools, it was hard to tell every story. Call your area newspaper, notify TV stations and flood some inboxes. You might find that there are plenty of people who would enjoy giving you some coverage.

Best of luck to Moore County in the tourney!

There are have been times in my career where someone has asked me why something wasn't covered and my reply has been "First I've heard of it". Never assume your local paper, tv or radion station know verything that's going on.

Edited by goosevol

There are have been times in my career where someone has asked me why something wasn't covered and my reply has been "First I've heard of it". Never assume your local paper, tv or radion station know verything that's going on.

Several Nashville news stations have been contacted....let's see if they show up!

Let me weigh-in on the media coverage issue. Local newspapers usually are begging for material, but they do not have the staff to send out to every game. If you, or someone with the school, will write-up articles after the games, and include information about the next game(s), then the local paper WILL print it and you will get a bigger following. I, too, live in a small town and noticed the lack of local coverage, so about 15 yrs ago I started writing articles after games, sending them to the local newspapers and radio stations, posting it on a FaceBook page and even Emailing it out to a list of over 100 people (including CoachT at times) - and guess what - we got the coverage !! I encourage others to do the same - no its not a paying gig - but the fact that the kids get some press and recognition for their hours of hard work - and the appreciation you get from other parents and fans is rewarding enough.