Best games played, past and future

Cocky

I really believe the Beech vs. Hendersonville game this year was the most exciting high school football game I've ever been to. Beech was losing 13-3 going into the fourth quarter, when R.J Meadows scored two touchdowns to propel the Bucs passed the Commandos 17-13, the game was a blast!! I enjoyed every aspect of it!! It was awesome, GO BUCS!!

The overtime thriller that headlined Todd Helton and Shawn Summers. Both went on to be Vols and it's one of the ones I'll always remember.

As for my personal fave...you'd never guess :D

Best game I've been to was the 2000 playoffs in the second round at Gatlinburg when my Pioneers erased a 7-0 second quarter deficit with 34 unanswered points en route to a 34-14 thrashing of the Highlanders. My boys racked up 400 yards rushing against a G-P run defense that had only allowed 400 total yards in 11 games...250 of that came in the second quarter aided by a 70-yarder for a TD, a 91-yarder for another TD and a 71-yarder for a third TD...same play, same hole for all three...had a 65-yarder called back so it could have been even uglier.

[Edited by KevB1990 on 10-21-02 12:53A]

My all-time favorite would have to be in the 2nd round of the 2001 playoffs. Anderson County found itself down 36-14 with less than 5 minutes to play against Fulton. Somehow Anderson County was able to score 22 points in a little over 4 minutes to tie the ballgame and send it to overtime. AC came out on top in OT 39-36 in what is now known in Anderson County as the "Maverick Miracle."

The 1996 Anderson County-Cleveland matchup in the quarterfinals is also a memorable. The Mavericks ended Cleveland's 54 game winning streak by stomping the Blue Raiders 31-7.

Recently, anytime McCallie and Brentwood Academy get together it's a heck of a game. It's always close, and they are developing a pretty intense rivalry. The last two games, the state championship game which was won after an amazing last second drive by McCallie, and the game this year where BA lost on a missed extra point, were especially heated. They are two great programs, and the rivalry will only continue to heat up.