10A Outlook

WHH

Anyone have any projections on how this season should play out? I know Heritage lost alot of seniors and have alot of underclassmen stepping into roles on both sides of the ball. By all accounts, Spring seemed to be very productive.

Whats the word for the other teams?

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have any projections on how this season should play out? I know Heritage lost alot of seniors and have alot of underclassmen stepping into roles on both sides of the ball. By all accounts, Spring seemed to be very productive.

Whats the word for the other teams?

I think with an experienced line that JB will contend for a district title, line play will help with the inexperienced skill guys but I think the Devils will be ok

Based on the results in this district last year and the districts brief history I will place CA and JB at the top of the pack until someone else steps-up and knocks them off the hill. The rest of the spots look to be up for grabs imo. I have heard WHH lost several seniors but have a host of young guys stepping in to play. East Rob just lost their HC but there is still a lot of talent expecially at the skill positions, the Bell kid is a force. Houston Co lost several seniors from a team that made big improvements, but return some skill players that got considerable time last year. I havent heard anything about NCS but I do know their HC always has those boys in position to win ballgames. McEwen is also another unknown.

I would say it comes down to Nashville Christian and Clarksville Academy to decide the title. Jo Byrns will be a playoff team and East Robertson has the makings of being a good team but their next hire will be critical. White House-Heritage is going to be right on the playoff "bubble". Houston County will have to rebuild after losing a good group. McEwen is a mystery to me so I can't comment either way.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't want to predict anything but Nashville Christian for the most part is a smaller and younger team than last year, butmay give most of the district trouble this year. As usual I am sure JB will be pretty good, even after loosing some good players, as their coach always has that team ready to play every Friday night. Although Nashville Christian had a losing record last year they did beat a decent Moore County team and made it to the second round before laying an egg and running into a buzz saw in Gordonsville.

They will have a fast team with one of the fastest athletes in the state in all classifications. This kid averaged over 8 yards per carry with 12 TD last year, 4 of which were from over 50 yards with several long punt returns and a 88 yard Kick off return for a TD. They lost a bunch of experienced seniors that were big lineman, however they are much improved at the QB position as their Sophomore QB was throw into playing out of necessity last year. He has gotten much stronger over the summer and should be in the top of all QB stats at the end of the year as a Junior.

Also worth mentioning, the Nashville Christian Middle School team has provide several really good players that are strong and fast who will be freshmen athletes that may get some playing time. Going into his third season, Jeff Brother is quietly building on his two back to back playoff appearances and the Nashville Christian student athlete population is growing at a pace not seen since the late 90's. This past senior class was one of the largest to ever graduate from Nashville Christian with 39 students.

Nashville Christian will have a freshmen class of over 70 and others taking campus tours each week. Many of the good area middle school athletes are now considering Nashville Christian over the other much larger schools close by. It would not surprise me that within the next couple of years Nashville Christian will be considered the team to beat each year in the district at the rate Brothers is building the program.

http://nashvillechristiansports.com/

Edited by youthsportsPIX

Always enjoy your post youthsportpiks ! As for JB the talent pool is not what it's been for the last several years but I can betcha there certainly will be some tough gritty kids to strap it up for the red and white on Friday nights, should improve as the season goes along, line play will be the strong point IMO, there's been a whole lot of puking going on at the practice field so far, may not be one of the most talented teams JB has had but the Devils are not bare in that dept. either. Lots of kids are striving to be the best they can be for the team, chemistry is certainly a plus this year, so I'm thinking the Devils Gunna be pretty tough by playoff time barring injuries.... It's almost FB time in Tennessee,,,, Go Devils

Some good points by pix and '81. I would also mention that Clarksville Academy should not be considered a contender at this point. I'm not trying to knock the Cougars, I just know they lost most of their key players. JB did as well but I know our line will be good (returning several) and I'm familiar with the rest of the "new" players so I feel confident with the Devils. How about it CA fans; should y'all be considered a contender and if so, why? As for NCS, I agree that they have a chance to be really good sooner rather than later. In just two years they've went from weak to what I'd call a dangerous team. They seem to be getting bigger, stronger, faster players...not sure if it's kids already at NCS and the coach has gotten them to come out or kids transferring in. Either way, things seem to be looking up for them. I still think JB wins the district and second place is anybody's guess; I wouldn't be surprised if any of the remaining teams finished second.

I guess no one really knows what to expect out of White House Heritage this year....Including Heritage fans. Lots of unknowns on both sides of the ball. The only thing I have heard is that the team chemistry is ALOT better this year. Sometimes that translates over to wins and sometimes it doesnt. Who knows. I think there are some kids on the team that could step up and fill the holes left by the 16 seniors and you have to remember that those seniors only won 4 games last year. The Murphy Fair magazine says that they only have 3 returning offensive players and 6 on Defense. Lots of holes to fill on O but I think its QB-WR and a OL that return.

NCS will be a very competitive team this year. We all know that they lost some impact senior players, but they will kill you with speed even if they are a small team. Don't count out their Athleticism. The coaching staff will have them ready for the Season. 10A should be fun to watch and JB should be the favorite to be first and NCS second. both teams will be in the Playoffs this year.

CA is going to be as good if not better than in '11 not going to say more ATP just wait and see...

If they are as good as or better than last year's team I'll be very surprised. I'm not saying it can't happen but I just don't see it. I could understand if they had several key starters back from last year but they don't. They have to replace the QB, top two running backs, top 3 receivers, several linemen...and those guys played on defense as well. I think they have a good coach and they've got a solid support system that has made a strong effort to bring football back to CA so we'll see.