10A Outlook

WHH

@Moto24 JB played Cascade close. Can you give us a briefing of the game? I know you have your tough one's coming up the next three weeks.

Yeah it wasn't good for JB, I thought we took a step back in this game. I still haven't decided if it was because of our youth or a lack of talent. We made plenty of mistakes once again (youth) but we also didn't show a lot of promise offensively (talent). At this point I see one real playmaker and that's a WR; everyone else is...well they'll do in a pinch. Our RB's are small, which is ok if you're fast and elusive but they haven't shown that they are either one to this point (effort is there though). I think this teams biggest hope to be successful on offense is if the QB can develop into a playmaker. I see the most room for improvement there when I consider talent level and success to this point. Time will tell...

As for what happened in this game...JB was up 6-0 at the half and things weren't going great but we still had the lead and I thought we'd win somewhere around 14-0 or more if we played mistake free. In the second half we muffed a snap on a punt and gave Cascade a very short field and they scored to go up 7-6. I thought we started to press a little after that and on a 3rd & 8, we missed a couple of tackles and let them score on a 83 yard run to put them up 14-6. We managed to drive right back down the field only to throw an interception on about the 10 yard line which ended the game. I didn't think either team looked very good. In fact, after watching the game I would have told you Macon Co. (who we beat last week) would beat either of those teams by 3 or 4 touchdowns easily. Time will tell how this season will go for JB but if they want to be successful they're going to have to play a lot better than they did Friday.

If I had to predict JB's record based on this game, I'd say 4-6 with close wins against East Robertson, McEwen, & Houston County. If we miss tackles, we could lose to East Robertson this week.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic