Signal Mountain at East Hamilton

Them Cain boys should be good opponents this year. Lookin' forward to watchin' Turnage go against that Hughley boy. And will be interesting to see if that Jackson boy can break free from our DL and LB's. Gatewood will get out coached again, and the Cain boys won't be able to slow the Eagles' onslaught, so I expect EH to start their season 0-1 again.rolleyes.gif

Signal looked good this past Friday night in their 4 way scrimmage. If they keep their heads on, Signal could be the 2 nd best team in 4a. When they bump into Giles County, they'll know why I said 2 nd best.

Good luck on the season, and I look forward to us meeting in the playoffs.

Figgered somebody would be up there scouting.icon_e_wink.gif

Good luck to the Pussycats, too. Sounds like yall are loaded this year. redthumb.gif

Them Cain boys should be good opponents this year. Lookin' forward to watchin' Turnage go against that Hughley boy. And will be interesting to see if that Jackson boy can break free from our DL and LB's. Gatewood will get out coached again, and the Cain boys won't be able to slow the Eagles' onslaught, so I expect EH to start their season 0-1 again.rolleyes.gif

Doesn't matter how good your boys are if you don't have a proven coach. I think this will be the best chance for the East Hamilton coaches to prove themselves. Their depth of talent will probably not be this deep again for many years. I think this game will come down to which coaching staff is able to adjust the quickest and exploit the other teams weaknesses.

Doesn't matter how good your boys are if you don't have a proven coach. I think this will be the best chance for the East Hamilton coaches to prove themselves. Their depth of talent will probably not be this deep again for many years. I think this game will come down to which coaching staff is able to adjust the quickest and exploit the other teams weaknesses.

Cain't argue with that. Everbody says Gatewood is a good coach, and I ain't sayin' he ain't, 'cause I don't know the man. But yall's had some good lookin' athletes all along, and he just hasn't been able to form them into a winning team. Seems like I remember some of yer fans whinin' about his coaching and play calling the first couple of years.dry.png

What in the world are you talking about? Gatewood needs to prove himself! Let me clear up some things for you. First off Troll don’t get to mad at me, because there is a lot of respect for Signal and your head coach he and Signal are all that and then some. Your logo says you are EHGREEN not to sure if you are from East Ham you might be a plant.

Coach Gatewood came to Ooltewah some years ago and they were bad really bad. He took a beating his first 2 years then he turned it around and built a solid 6A power house. Don’t think so go ask Oak Ridge, Farragut, William Blount, Soddy, and Bradley. Heck just ask the coach Price he took a few beatings from coach Gate. He went into private business for one year, and Coach Monroe stepped in and took over a gold mine. Coach returned one year later as the O line coach and was there thru all those great teams. I do not care what the Monroe fans think, coach Gate was the man behind that all. Don’t think so ask the kids from Ooltewah that went on to play college ball who help them, and made it happen it was not Monroe.

Coach Gate took over a new program just like Price did at Signal, that first year 3 months before the first ever kick off. There was no uniforms no equipment, no field and no Sr class. Not one player with any varsity experience. No weight training no off season work outs nothing! Signal played a whole year as JV team before starting varsity play, so there first year in they had a team that had been together a whole year, weight training off season work outs etc: There first year they played 2A. No disrespect, they are a great, great program. East Ham threw it together in 3 months played a varsity schedule in 4A. Red Bank, Tyner, Central on and on. We played our first 22 games on the road. Now 2 years later Gate won a 4A district title, he was picked 4th. Now 4 years in a good off season work outs, weight training, Freshman teams, a middle school program that has gone 18-4 in 3 years, don’t know were you think this is the only year, and it drops off. That middle school team has beat Ooltewah, Hunter, Signal, Soddy, Red Bank, Brown, and most of those were kills I mean kills. There 4 loses were very close, 2 Tyner, Ooltewah, and Hunter. There only 2 freshman teams were 12- 1 over 2 years one of those last year was a kill over Alcoa. Dude do some research.

So coach Gate dose not have to prove himself, it an’t bragging if you can do it. This is our 4th year! Most of you have shoes older then that. Will East Ham win a state title who knows, will we beat Signal I hope so. But it will be the best week 0 game in this area.

I do not think you are a East Ham guy, if you are you sure don’t go to any middle or freshman games and you don’t know Gatewood’s history. As for my friends in Greenville not thinking about you, just Signal. In time baby in time.

Calm down, Coach. icon_e_wink.gif

Not many folks in this town other then the folks at Signal know what it is like to start from scratch. That was calm! It is very hard for schools in this area to get quality coaches. Do we really know how lucky we are to have a man like Gatewood and Price. Sounds like EHGREEN don't.