DeKalb County

EdwardDone

Yeah the only time they got anywhere was penalties and we drove them right back. 42-0 was a blessing for them, imo. It could have been much worse, but second string played the whole second half. There was a small brawl that broke out and a few players were fighting on the ground. I think coach just figured it would be a good idea to keep the starters on the sideline after halftime to keep things chill because it was getting bad. Lots of players getting injured from stupid things too. It was a good idea and still kept them scoreless. I think all the injuries tonight were minor and won't affect next week, except one. There was a scary moment #20 for us he is a great punt returner and rb got taken out by ambulance and didn't move on the field for a very long time. We still aren't sure what it was I have heard stories ranging from broken ribs, collar bone, to neck. I truly hope he is ok because he is a heck of a player and tries hard.

He is a heck of a ball player. Hope he's OK.

I've said all year that this is the best Dekalb team ever.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you all are still unscored on congrats.My Bobcats gave up 6 points tonight with all the freshman playing against East Hickman's starters very late the fourth qrt.

Yeah the only time they got anywhere was penalties and we drove them right back. 42-0 was a blessing for them, imo. It could have been much worse, but second string played the whole second half. There was a small brawl that broke out and a few players were fighting on the ground. I think coach just figured it would be a good idea to keep the starters on the sideline after halftime to keep things chill because it was getting bad. Lots of players getting injured from stupid things too. It was a good idea and still kept them scoreless. I think all the injuries tonight were minor and won't affect next week, except one. There was a scary moment #20 for us he is a great punt returner and rb got taken out by ambulance and didn't move on the field for a very long time. We still aren't sure what it was I have heard stories ranging from broken ribs, collar bone, to neck. I truly hope he is ok because he is a heck of a player and tries hard.

He is a heck of a ball player. Hope he's OK.

I've said all year that this is the best Dekalb team ever.

Yes I'd have to agree. And he didn't move much at all when they were carting him off we got a slight wave, but I heard something about neck and I am hoping that is not correct. I also heard collar bone or rib somewhere in there. Whatever it is I'm afraid it may be serious because he is a tough kid he jumps right back up for more after every play. I'm not trying to spark anything, both teams were fighting "literally" and trash talking all night, but what I did notice was 3 or 4 horse collar calls on #20 alone not called. He was getting tackled horribly and even a face mask not called all night and then an injury that just so happens to be in that area occurs later in the game. Like I said not trying to spark a debate, but come on..

DeKalb looks strong but untested. York will give them a pretty good game into the second half but thats it. SC will be a test and I think they lose a close one to LA amd go 9-1. LA and DC should both make it to least second round of playoffs if not further.

You're right they have been untested, but I would not be surprised if they go undefeated.

In these types of games in the past, they've still given up points. That's not the case this year.

You're right they have been untested, but I would not be surprised if they go undefeated.

In these types of games in the past, they've still given up points. That's not the case this year.

It seems like even though we have been doing good, we have been toying with teams. We have been putting second and third string in here and there and still doing pretty good. I can't wait to see a team that will compete and make us use starters a whole game that will be interesting. We have play makers ready to come in off the sideline for the first time that I've seen. That defense is better than ever I can't believe the improvement from last year. I wouldn't be surprised if we held them to below 10 yards again last night. You would have to see it in person to believe it the shut outs don't do it justice. It isn't the best there is I know, but I can't remember one play where they weren't being harassed by our D. They are in the backfield on every play. I noticed some changes in players in certain positions from last year even though almost all of them returned. Whatever they did they need to stick with it.

It seems like even though we have been doing good, we have been toying with teams. We have been putting second and third string in here and there and still doing pretty good. I can't wait to see a team that will compete and make us use starters a whole game that will be interesting.

There might be a team out there.