Blackman

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to give a big 'shout out' to all the fans who drove down to Chattanooga and cheered for the Blaze in the scrimmage game. I guess, I shouldn't be shocked to see twice the number of fans in the guest stands as the home stands because I've grown to expect it from the Blackman fans. But, it's still nice to see.

It's also nice to see the boys playing hard, having fun and getting ready for a season that may surprise many. A lack of playing experience really shows and the special teams need work. But overall the team has a lot of talent, even if they start out a little slow and I really expect the team to finish out the season very strong.

GO BLAZE and again GREAT JOB FANS!

Edited by DaBlueRaider

This was a good day for both teams. Lots of emotion from both sides and good sportsmanship overall. Yes there were some small scuffles but both coaching staffs did a good job before it got out of hand. Lots of good work in one on ones, skeleton, special teams, and a full on scrimmage. I think both sides saw areas for improvement and areas where improvement had been made. Blackman has very good numbers, I think I heard over 100 on the team. Gallatin is probably in the 70's. No surprise that Blackman was a little bigger than us too. I thought both teams were very workman-like and neither very flashy yet both had big play capability.

Blackman got on the board on the first play when #5, Mathers, ran for an 80 yard td. Gallatin blitzed the safety and Blackman's fullback did a great job of picking him up and sprung him for the td. Gallatin and Blackman traded 3 and outs until Gallatin drove down the field and scored on a short pass play. Drive had a key 60 yard pass to Banks on the swing to get down field. Gallatin got on the board again on a long drive to go up 2-1. Blackman then took the ball right down the field and got a score from #8 on about a 15 yard run. They swapped some 1st downs then Blackman made a change at QB #16 going in for #17. #17 had not looked good throwing the ball. Not very accurate and the center had snapping issues with it sailing over his head a few times. On the first play #16 lofted a 60 yard td to one of Blackman's recievers, did not get a number, for a td. Gallatin's DB got beat on one on one coverage for the score. 3-2 Blackman. Gallatin then made a change at QB Marcus going in for Morgan. Gallatin never missed a beat and Harper scored a 55 yard td. 3-3 tie. After a few series Blackman scored on a 35 yard td run by #18 to go up 4-3. Gallatin immediately drove down field and scored on a 30 yard td run by Marcus. He got lost in the pile and then busted to the outside and out ran everybody. 4-4 scrimmage ended.

Blackman had some good looking players, #9 and a guy with no number on his jersey looked good on defense. #39 had a nice play too. Starting QB did struggle with his passes though and the snapping in shotgun needed work. They were not as far along as Gallatin on special teams with the snap sailing over the punters head about 3 times. But neither team fumbled or threw an interception during the scrimmage session. Neither team will be an easy out for the opposition and after seeing this I think Gallatin is in good shape in the QB department. They definitely look a lot better than in the spring.

That's a great report. Hope you plan on being at the Riverdale-Gallatin scrimmage as it looks like I'll have to miss that one.

Hey Daisy,

We were ok. Had some really good stretches and some not so good. I would give us a B on offense We competed hard and scored four times. A B+ on defense, other than stopping the pitchman on the option we pretty much dominated the rest of what MaCallie was trying to do. Special teams right now are not so special D+. Bad snaps, bad kicks etc. Overall I would say a B-.

Thanks MyKidsDad. Riverdale goes to Gallatin Tuesday at 6. Seems like all the scrimmages are at same time, so we can't get out and watch some football. I guess we will have to wait until Friday and we can get a little taste of all the rutherford teams.

I came by yalls place Friday night. I saw mostly second teamers. But from what I did see yall are extreemly quick to the ball. Most definitely the team to be beat in the District.

Nice scrimmage tonight for Blackman against BGA. Blackman was up 6-1 when I left. Matt Williams looked really good at QB. I believe he has won that position. Running game didn't do much with 1st teamers however Dee Mathers did not play or dress for some reason. Anyone know why? Passing game was impressive. Cousins is gonna be really good offensively and defensively. Defense was steady. Nothing really stood out too much but we looked pretty good. We did miss an extra point and we can't kick into the end zone like we have in the past. I don't believe we ever punted so I didn't get to see that. I've heard we've been shaky there in other scrimmages so I would've liked to see us punt to see what that looks like.