Brentwood Team Camp-August 27, 28, and 29

PHargis

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, didn't check here for a couple of days. PP I will be hanging at the middle school most of the time on Friday, come on over during a break. We are going to be good, and we want to see how we stack up against Seigal, Ravenwood, Indy and Anderson County. I think all of the top teams are here this weekend. It will be a good early look. Page better be ready for a thumping.

Ha! As long as you and Liz don't bring out the stinky yellow knee pad I will honor that bet!

I think we will be strong this year. How do you guys look?

I think the top AAA teams are us, Ravenwood, Seigal, Indy, Cent and Anderson County. Blackmon may be in there but it is a tough road for them out of district.

Mr. Hargis was touting Sullivan South and Farragut earlier but I don't know anything about them. They didn't look that good at state last year and my program says they lost a lot of seniors.

How is Page going to be?

See ya tomorrow night.

I think the top AAA teams are us, Ravenwood, Seigal, Indy, Cent and Anderson County. Blackmon may be in there but it is a tough road for them out of district.

Mr. Hargis was touting Sullivan South and Farragut earlier but I don't know anything about them. They didn't look that good at state last year and my program says they lost a lot of seniors.

South will be at Brentwood's tourney so you can decide for yourself if they are still as bad as they were at state last year. (Did anyone else take a game off Ravenwood at state?) Perhaps the 7 girls coming back (lost 3 senoirs) that played in the state tourney have worked hard enough to not embarrass Brentwood for inviting them.

Experience must not matter to you if you think AC is in the top. They haven't EVER made it past regionals in AAA. In their same district Hardin Valley returns TWO all-state players.

Take that Babe! I may have to watch the Brentwood smack down that Sullivan South is going to drop on the Lady Bruins. VB dad is number 9 your daughter?

I thought Dobbins Bennent was the best team in the east, do you think they can beat you?

How bad will you beat Brentwood?

Babe, do I smell another shoe bet coming on?

DB returns almost everyone and should be much improved. South MAY be, too. Both have a ? or two.

'09 is a year but I've seen some good #9's at South. Not sure of #'s this year but OH Milhorn is who you should be afraid of. Mommas, teach your little L or DS to duck & run if you don't want to see arakihcaT tatooed on their forehead after Rylee swings. Even the opposing parents say "BOOM!"

As much I as I dislike them, haven't seen Brentwood this year so not going there. Normally would have seen them by now at team camp in Chattanooga but there were 6 pools this year and South didn't play them or DB. There should be plenty of opportuities for the girls to sort it out on the floor.

T quit trying to start something with this poor dad! You better quit posting and start worrying about playing, this camp is loaded.

South dad, I wasn't trying to slam your team. Good luck this year. Another poster was practically predicting a south state championship then deleted his post. My post was a response to his.

Why do you dislike The Wood? All we have done is be the volleyball standard in this state for the last twenty years. Take a look at our trophy case this weekend. Our DS and L won't have to duck because I doubt your little OH will get around the block. From what I saw lat year you tipped more than you hit.

You know what is pathetic. Your state tournament memory is taking a game off of a real team!

Keep those standards high south dad!

No, my favorite state tourney memory was sending Brentwood home in '05.

Yes, this has been a while but there may be a little dust on your last trophy from '07, too. So, when was the last time Brentwood even made the state tourney?

Remember Katherine Hall? One of the best HS VB players I've seen. South's junior OH is comparable but taller. No need to go around the block when you can go both over and through.

See you in September.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Never said I thought it was a smart decision. I'm scratching my head at it too.
    • If he wanted to play QB he should have either went to Heritage or William Blount and had a real good chance there. In stead he'll be exactly what he was going to be at Maryville. They already know who their QB is going to be in 2025 and it ain't going to be him.
    • Easier said than done. The man who ran for 250+ yards and 3TDs is gonna be back….and a lot bigger.
    • plus it removes the pressure around winning.
    • You are correct.   The teacher's pay scale is virtually the same in Knox County, now, as it is at Oak Ridge.   The coaching supplements are still higher at Oak Ridge, from what I was told, but not a huge difference.   Plus, Rusty is going from a position coach to an OC position, which is what he was at South Doyle and where his comfort zone is.  And from a special education teaching slot to a PE teaching slot.  There is a lot of positivity in that move without even considering the coaching aspect.   Anybody who sees something negative here is just looking for negativity to begin with.  But some live in that world.   Really good hire for Brent.  He now has two experienced and quality coordinators and can concentrate on being a head football coach.