Trousdale County Coach Resigns

LeatherBalls

After 11 years manning the dugout resulting in the school's first two state tournament appearances and 8 consecutive regionals, Davy Cothron has resigned as head baseball coach to spend more time with family and concentrate on other things.

Coach Cothron will be missed at TC. Met him at the Adidas All-Star game at Cumberland. His efforts to pull that off were great along with the support the community gave. If they get behind the next coach, TC will be back in the mix.

• 2 weeks later...

Hate to hear that. Too many are leaving.

Best of luck to Coach Cothron and I can respect the decision that he has made. I know it is hard for him to leave the program he played, coached, and built up. Not just the baseball product TC put on the field, but also the field that he has put so much time and sweat into. Southernfried is right that too many are leaving but it is such a grind on a coach and his/her family if it is done right. Coach Cothron did it right. Edited by orangecrush

• 5 weeks later...

Best of luck to Coach Cothron and I can respect the decision that he has made. I know it is hard for him to leave the program he played, coached, and built up. Not just the baseball product TC put on the field, but also the field that he has put so much time and sweat into. Southernfried is right that too many are leaving but it is such a grind on a coach and his/her family if it is done right. Coach Cothron did it right.

Your are correct that it is a grind to be a successful high school baseball coach. If a coach continues to be successful and on top for many years the grind must become a way of life that is fully supported by their family.

• 3 weeks later...