Chase Jones quits

playmykid

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is unbelievable. Coach Jones has done a great job at Coffee County. He will have no problem getting another baseball job. Lots of schools would like to have a quality coach like him. Message to Lee Davis: Get out of Manchester as fast as you can before the parents want to coach your team too.

this is a shame. i was fortunate enough to coach with Chase when i was a student teacher about 10 years ago. he taught me many things about how to run a hard-working, discipline, and competitive baseball program. this will be a huge loss for coffee county and a giant gain for the school who offers him their baseball job.

Alienating many to appease a few was probably not the best move for the new administration. Is it really about fundraising? If so, what will be the feelings of the new chief in regards to slinging beer to the hippies every June in the name of glorious CCHS? I am not criticizing, I have done it myself. But I really think the fundraising is an excuse.

The director of schools is out of her mind if she thinks every bit of that $35,000 isn't spent on the baseball team. That is a typical budget of a high school baseball program.

Annual costs for a program:

$5,000-$10k - field maintenance

$1500 - gas

$1500 -driver

$2000 - 8 bats

$1000 - balls

$4,000-$8,000 - apparel

$2500 - umpires

$14,800 - $23,800 - /season

And there's plenty more costs that go into a season.

I was a booster club president for 4 years for a AA school. Our budget was $30,000-$35,000 every year. That's what it takes when you have to maintain your facility and provide for a baseball program.

Wonder what Coach Jones' supplement was? I would bet it was below minimum wage for the hours he spent making Coffee County boys into men. Mrs. McFall should call over to Columbia and see how Coach Pickle does it or over to Tullahoma and talk to their coach or Shelbyville and talk to Coach Frazier.

Coffee County kids lose in the long run when crap like this happens.