Youth Football in Blount County 2012.

REBELRON

MHS baseball has improved a lot over the last 5 years. They really need their own field.

You're right - I would think any school(s) that fields a baseball team(s) may need a field - interesting thought that players may actually need to practice on their own field - Not a softball field or the local college and have their hitting facility in a storage shed another 2 miles away.

Maybe if Maryville renamed it basefootball or footbaseball they could get some more support.

Or maybe if they could get a co... Ahh never mind.

Meanwhile other local programs are getting attention for their kids in their baseball programs in the form of college recognition and possible meaningful scholarship opportunities.

Yep a baseball field would be nice and many would say necessary for a baseball team, but it is not the only thing that makes a program.

Maryville Freshmen beat Catholic tonight 42-21. Halftime score was 14-7 Maryville, very determined Catholic team that had 18 players. Rebels offense was clicking on all phases of the game tonight and the Irish did not have an answer to stop them.......on the other side of the ball the Rebels defense struggled against the Irish version of the Wing T....Irish got the opening kickoff and drove down the field burning up the entire 1st quarter with a TD. Rebels had the ball twice in the first half and scored on both drives, received the second half kickoff and scored on their 3rd drive. Score was then 21-7 and Rebels controlled the game from that point. Congrats on another good win.

On all the Baseball talk

Baseball at Maryville has shown some promise during the past few years. Would love to see this program become a contender each year and have some lasting success. Having a true home field would definitely help in building this success. There is some tallent on the current team and the Soph / freshmen class has some good baseball players......8th grade class has some baseball players also ( hopefully they stay within the Maryville system and do not go somewhere else, I have heard talk of some of these athletes possibly going to other systems ). rolleyes.gif IMO that would not serve these players well to seek another program out for baseball alone. The 8th grade class of athletes that can play baseball are also the strong football players ( why not play for GQ in football and help out the baseball program ?) I do not see any other local schools having a big impact on baseball tallent receiving more looks from colleges.........Maryville has had some recent players go on to play college baseball.....2012 class Dalton Curtis / Lipscomb, Jacob West / LMU....2011 class Andrew Bowerman / Tusculum, Hayden Pewitt / Motlow State......maybe more from other classes. If these kids can play, they will get their looks from colleges.....From what I have heard it is more about the ball player attending showcase camps and tournaments in the summer that gets them college looks more than high school play.

Edited by Rebels5star

You're right - I would think any school(s) that fields a baseball team(s) may need a field - interesting thought that players may actually need to practice on their own field - Not a softball field or the local college and have their hitting facility in a storage shed another 2 miles away.

Maybe if Maryville renamed it basefootball or footbaseball they could get some more support.

Or maybe if they could get a co... Ahh never mind.

Meanwhile other local programs are getting attention for their kids in their baseball programs in the form of college recognition and possible meaningful scholarship opportunities.

Yep a baseball field would be nice and many would say necessary for a baseball team, but it is not the only thing that makes a program.

OK , I understand you much better now...

Eye heered sumthin abowt a full basebawl feeled bein bilt beehind Coultur Grove Skool....popcorneater.gif

Wow. They closing another school to do that? LOL, just kidding, couldn't pass it up. Surely they have donors that will pay for that, because if they are depending on the 75 people that come to a baseball game to pay for it, they better get a long loan, Red Rebels could probably take care of that. I think money better spent, would be to extend the seating for the football stadium, I think it would be neat to put seats on top of the Don Story Building now and then in the future, when the next additional seating needs to be added, they could join the home end of the bleachers and the seats above the Story Building.

Fact of the matter is football is king here, the same as it was where I come from. Our coach used to tell us that football came 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, and everything else came after that. Our wieghtlifting started one week after football ended, and regardless of what other sport you played, if you were a football player, you had to go lift for one hour and twenty minutes, and then go to whatever other practice was going on. I remember going to baseball practice with arms that felt like "jelly" many a day.

Well frydaddy it's been nice knowing you. Your as good as gone! You know better than to talk about baseball on here,because your stepping on alot of toes. I bet peppy has already placed a hit on you with his mafia buddies. Pack up and get out of town as quick as you can. Remember the order of things before you spout off next time. FOOTBALL VAS., FOOTBALL JV, FOOTBALL FRESHMAN, Band, cheerleading, chorus, basketball,etc........... fort craig, baseball. Got it! P.S. can I have your season tickets before you get capped?