1a mr football

Guest brucetonmarshal

Posted by pujo:

I'll try to get Byrds numbers after tomorrow nights game and I believe we will all be impressed.All state his first two years and I doubt anything will change this year.

All-state as a Soph. & Jr.? Wow! I am impressed. You guys need to come off the mountain more so the rest of us can see you play. What is your closest game to middle Tn this year?

This year I have seen White House/Portland, Trousdale/Portland, BA/Brentwood High, DCA/FRA, DCA/Friendship, CPA/USJ, & Ezell/CPA. Next year Marion Co./S. Pitt. is top of my list and I hope to add USJ/Bruceton and S. Pitt./Grundy. I would love to see you guys play but Roane Mountain is a long way from Nashville. Will you get close to Chatt. or Nashville for the playoffs? ;):o;)

[Edited by scout on 10-23-02 9:58P]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK....someone started a new 1A player of the year thread, so I`ll give my updated Patrick Willis stats. The Jackson Sun runs West TN stats in their Wed. paper is the reason I am now updating it.

For some reason Patrick`s offensive stats were the same as week#7. I highly doubt that he didn`t carry the ball in week #8, but here are his week 7 offensive stats again.

106 rushes

1195 yards

11.3 yards per carry

20 touchdowns

Defensive updated thru week #8...

tackles 93

tackles for loss 10

sacks 5

fumbles caused 2

interceptions 3

Posted by Chakra20:
Posted by scout15:

I don't know if he just had a good game against us or he is just good but against boyd aj blackburn jumped over 2 of our cornerbacks and caught it with 1 hand. That was by far the best catch i have ever seen in real life! That was amazing!

I was there and saw the catch. That young man has some more kinda talent. :)

[Edited by bbsesq on 10-24-02 9:07A]

I think that there is a "back" category and a "lineman" category. In the back category here are my nominees:

1. Will Healy, QB -- Boyd-Buchanan School

2. Mark Byrd, QB -- Cloudland

3. Patrick Willis, RB -- Bruceton

I am afraid that the Ezell-Harding kids tend to cancel each other out on offense, but Shlappi and others are just as deserving as anyone. Jonathon Ward of Collinwood is also as deserving as anyone, but someone has to be left out.

In the lineman category (includes linebackers and wide receivers):

1. Antoine Owens, LB -- Ezell-Harding

2. A.J. Blackburn, WR -- Ezell-Harding

3. William Nelson, LB -- Boyd-Buchanan School

I know this leaves out Victory at Collinwood, the WR from Powell Valley (can't remember his name) and probably a bunch of good lineman and linebackers. Again, somebody has to be left off and I believe that Owens and Blackburn are the two best class A players in the state. (Blackburn's catch is the best I have ever seen in high school -- been watching closely since the mid '70's.)

Posted by hornetmom:
Posted by scout:
Posted by Chakra20:
Posted by hambone:

I am a friend of hambone and i play football at ezell harding. All this stuff about Jonathan Ward being Mr Football is popycock! in preseason we scrimmaged collinwood our first team (*without antoine owens*) killed the great jonathan ward. Him and his incredible arm never scored on our first team and if i remember correctly he wasnt that great on defense either. as far as im concerned i would be surprised if he made the allregion girl scout team! Jonathan ward would not be a second string quarterback at ezell he would be scout team lineman! i dont like Chakra20 he doesnt know what he is talking about either!

once again this is not hambone but a friend of his!

:):)

Good for you. Im glad you dont like me. I wonder if you even play because i prolly know you(if you play) and you wouldnt say it to my face. By thats beside the fact He has had a great career and should be rewarded for it.

Chakra, I like your style! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'll go with Ward and Owens.

WHAT?????????Who cares about limp bizkit???Who do u think will win the big pokemon vs. dragonballz this week in the ville????And about the whole mr. football thing my vote goes to wide out christopher counts!!!!

WHO feels the same way i do???

Honet mama 4life

Hornet mom whoever you are Ward deserves the Mr. Football he plays for a country public school and was born and raised there...Ezell players should not be even considered for Mr Football because the school is "PRIVATE" AND EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT THAT REALLY MEANS, if Ward was taken away for collinwood they be nearly as good that is what is important, he is the MVP of the region and deserves Mr. Football!!!! Not kids being shipped from all over TN to play on basically on an "Private All-Star Team"

Posted by apsugov7:
Posted by hornetmom:
Posted by scout:
Posted by Chakra20:
Posted by hambone:

I am a friend of hambone and i play football at ezell harding. All this stuff about Jonathan Ward being Mr Football is popycock! in preseason we scrimmaged collinwood our first team (*without antoine owens*) killed the great jonathan ward. Him and his incredible arm never scored on our first team and if i remember correctly he wasnt that great on defense either. as far as im concerned i would be surprised if he made the allregion girl scout team! Jonathan ward would not be a second string quarterback at ezell he would be scout team lineman! i dont like Chakra20 he doesnt know what he is talking about either!

once again this is not hambone but a friend of his!

:):D

Good for you. Im glad you dont like me. I wonder if you even play because i prolly know you(if you play) and you wouldnt say it to my face. By thats beside the fact He has had a great career and should be rewarded for it.

Chakra, I like your style! :D:D:D:):D:D:D:D

I'll go with Ward and Owens.

WHAT?????????Who cares about limp bizkit???Who do u think will win the big pokemon vs. dragonballz this week in the ville????And about the whole mr. football thing my vote goes to wide out christopher counts!!!!

WHO feels the same way i do???

Honet mama 4life

Hornet mom whoever you are Ward deserves the Mr. Football he plays for a country public school and was born and raised there...Ezell players should not be even considered for Mr Football because the school is "PRIVATE" AND EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT THAT REALLY MEANS, if Ward was taken away for collinwood they be nearly as good that is what is important, he is the MVP of the region and deserves Mr. Football!!!! Not kids being shipped from all over TN to play on basically on an "Private All-Star Team"

I guess what you are saying is he wouldn't be any good if he didn't go to a private school? :confused:

Private all star team thats a great idea. 50 of the 55 players live within 20 minutes of the school(city trafiic). My brother actually is probably the kid that lives the furthest away at about 35-45 minutes from school. Only reason he goes there is beacuse my parents moved in the midlle of high school.

I guess ignorance is bliss tho.

I believe the Collinwood folks told me that Jonathon's brother was a former Mr. Football nominee and Jonathon was a nominee last year. So maybe they owe the Ward family one. There is a lot of good candidates though. The voting is by the Tennessee Sports Writers Association so our votes don't count.