BA vs. Maplewood

WesVLT

Brentwood Academy hosts Maplewood Friday. The Eagies (0-1) are looking to rebound from a season-opening loss to Trinity (KY), while Maplewood (1-0) blew out Hunters Lane last week.

BA caged the Panthers 35-7 last year in the teams' first-ever meeting. The Eagles held Maplewood to 142 yards of offense, while quarterback Max Staver was 13-of-19 for 160 yards.

How will this one turn out?

You can catch the live webcast by following the link at the bottom of this post.

BA caged the Panthers 35-7 last year in the teams' first-ever meeting. The Eagles held Maplewood to 142 yards of offense, while quarterback Max Staver was 13-of-19 for 160 yards.

Last year was not the 1st ever meeting between these two teams ..in fact it was the 9th meeting overall BA winning 8 and Maplewood winning 1.. not very good odds for us huh? ..well ...i still like our chances ..

I played in two of those game in 93 and 94 Josh Swords was all the rave and yes we lost pretty bad ..

But this is a different Maplewood team from last year 35 - 7 game and yes they are a little young ..but still loaded with talent.. many more options this time ..a one man show?? i dont think so ..defense looks good to a degree ....should be a good game ..for both teams ..

Edited by boski
  • Upvote 1

Last year was not the 1st ever meeting between these two teams ..in fact it was the 9th meeting overall BA winning 8 and Maplewood winning 1.. not very good odds for us huh? ..well ...i still like our chances ..

I played in two of those game in 93 and 94 Josh Swords was all the rave and yes we lost pretty bad ..

But this is a different Maplewood team from last year 35 - 7 game and yes they are a little young ..but still loaded with talent.. many more options this time ..a one man show?? i dont think so ..defense looks good to a degree ....should be a good game ..for both teams ..

Thanks for setting me straight. I should've done my research.

Looking forward to the game! Best of luck.

Thanks for setting me straight. I should've done my research.

Looking forward to the game! Best of luck.

I was also going to make a comment about last year not being the first ever meeting between two teams but Boski beat me to it. In fact, I believe both teams were in the same 4A region before the public/private split. Good luck to both teams.