Has the Turbo, Rabbit, Shane show gone to Red Bank?

taketop

i heard that shane is coaching at the high school and rabbitt will be coaching at the middle school and it is only a matter of time until turbo transfers over there along with a few others. it is about time they were able to run there own program instead of bein taken for granted in soddy daisy. go lions.

How stupid would Turbo and the few others have to be to leave Soddy Daisy and go to Red Bank? Have you even compared the quality of the two wrestling programs? I'm sure that Coach Henry won't let his returning state finalist in Turbo leave for Red Bank and allow him to compete. I don't even know if Coach Henry would even have a say so, TSSAA doesn't allow transfers from public school to public without the student sitting out a year.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How stupid would Turbo and the few others have to be to leave Soddy Daisy and go to Red Bank? Have you even compared the quality of the two wrestling programs? I'm sure that Coach Henry won't let his returning state finalist in Turbo leave for Red Bank and allow him to compete. I don't even know if Coach Henry would even have a say so, TSSAA doesn't allow transfers from public school to public without the student sitting out a year.

Coach Henry?? Maybe you should pay more attention in Current Events class!

Actually there nardDog you are INCORRECT. You can swap schools as long as you move into the new schools zone. There is a provision that states it cant be for athletic purposes though so Soddy could fight if they wanted to I guess. That being said, they have benefited from as many transfers as anybody around. If my memory serves me correctly Blake Henry, Josh Deckelman, Brett Ervin were all on the team last year and none of them set out a year after transferring did they?

Coach Henry?? Maybe you should pay more attention in Current Events class!

Well I don't know how the school system works, but I would assume that transfer violations would be handled on a more administrative level. So with Coach Henry being the principal at Soddy Daisy now I would assume he would be the one to have to handle a transfer violation.

I've also heard that there is some bad blood with the Turner coaches and the Soddy Daisy coaching staff, including Coach Henry. So no I do not think that Coach Henry would let something like that happen.

Actually there nardDog you are INCORRECT. You can swap schools as long as you move into the new schools zone. There is a provision that states it cant be for athletic purposes though so Soddy could fight if they wanted to I guess. That being said, they have benefited from as many transfers as anybody around. If my memory serves me correctly Blake Henry, Josh Deckelman, Brett Ervin were all on the team last year and none of them set out a year after transferring did they?

Assuming that you are correct, which I have no reason to doubt, do you think that Turbo and "all the others" have parents that would buy a new house in the Red Bank school zone. Also, who in their right mind would want to go through the trouble of moving just so their child can wrestle for an inferior team?

oh! in your face!!!!!!!

Actually, you are not totally correct either. A child's legal guardian must move into the new school zone as well. A kid, for example, couldn't move in with a coach unless that coach was his legal guardian.

• 5 weeks later...

Im certain turbo isnt leaving soddy

You are correct. Turbo is not leaving Soddy Daisy, a very hard decision for him, but a good decision as well. When all the coaching changes at Soddy Daisy happened Turbo wanted to follow the coaches that developed him, but they talked him out of it. Turbo is at a point skill wise that competitive practice partners are more important than who his coach is. His coaches recognized this and wouldn't let him leave Soddy Daisy no matter how much he wanted to! Turbo has made the best decision to put himself in a position to get his state title. I admire the kid for the loyalty he has shown his coaches by following their command even when it goes against his desires. He may not feel great about his decision now, but he'll be thankful come February when he has a gold medal around his neck and possibly another team title to boot.

I see what your doing. And he is very happy at SD. In fact the kid said he never wanted to leave SD. These post are getting a little out of control. Every post is about 2 coaches and how great they are and what they did. Im starting to wonder who is posting this stuff.

Gee, the best coaches in the country, so wise, so powerful and yet so completely unselfish! There really should be some kind of award, trophy or sainthood for men like these!