Spring Hill Raiders

WildChild

Spring Hill lost to Mt. Pleasant for the 3rd year in a row! The Raiders keep slipping and over the last few years have fielded some of the worst teams I've seen there in quite some time. According to a number of fans last night a change is needed..... Team Discipline is a big problem. Apparently some athletes can have continuous behavior problems and still get to play on Friday Nights.

Maybe they should take a lesson from Dooley and suspend them indefinitely?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to do it but must agree wildchild. Coach Scharsch and staff are 16-28 since his arrival and that is with the benefit of reclassification and playing a MUCH easier schedule than they have in the past. One can tolerate losing if things are being done the RIGHT way, however this is not the case. Spring Hill deserves better.

W.I.T. I assume your speaking about when SH was 4A in the 5 classification system. SH never good records but they were in every game playing teams like Overton, Hillwood, Shelbyville, Tullahoma, etc... Etc. We could never compete at that level now!

Losing to MPHS 3yrs in a row..... 2009 SH was good but out coached versus Giles County. Sometimes the HC is the last to figure out its time for him to leave. Such is the case... It's embarrassing losing to MPHS

Since the year 1999, SH has only had 1 winning season and that was the 2009 team.

It may be more than just the Coaching Staff...........it could also be the administration and the overall culture at the school?

12 years and only 1 winning season? I think you've got to look deeper than the current coaching staff.

Sure do miss the 80's and early 90's.roflolk.gif

66in74 I believe you are correct in your reasoning. There has been a lot of turnover in both administration and coaching staff since then, unfortunately it seems to be for the worse each time. Granted the talent is not of the level that it was in the 80's and 90's but the competition is not either. I'm not expecting gold balls, but I do expect to be competitive against the likes of Page, Hickman Co, Lewis Co, and for goodness sake Mt. Pleasant!

I believe that Coach Mizer (now at Columbia Academy) was an excellent coach and given time would have given us all what we are looking for. Coach McKnight was a solid coach and you could always ensure the kids would play hard and be doing right. Unfortunately I cannot find much good to say about the current coach.

It may be a deeper problem but good coaching can take a team a LONG way... Discipline from the coach, cutting players of bad influence, fundamentals, etc can carry a team. And I'm sure there are players on that team that will follow and learn from coaching that have a no quit, never give up mentality.

They won't be the most athletic but 11 of them functioning as a team is hard to beat. That's really all I'm asking for but it's apparent that's not what's happening at Spring Hill.

To get pounded by EH by 35 is certainly an embarrassment and is unacceptable.

If Scharsch was to get fired.............who would replace him? There is no one on this staff capable of being a Head Coach.

And the bigger question is who would want the job? There is no administration support and Head Coaches are not allowed to bring in any of the staff they want.

As far as parents go; they complain alot, but how many of them are doing anything to help the program? Do any of the Dad's line the fields, line the practice field, cut grass, weed eat, help to make upgrades to the weight room, locker room, etc. etc. etc.?

Agreed. Too many issues and problems at SHHS. I highly doubt anything happens during the season, whether the parents want it or not..That would be a bad move. But it's time for the current coach to move on after this season.

Some parents claimed its because they lost some good coaches over the last few seasons.... Idk. But like you said, lots of complaining doesn't get the program anywhere. Parents need to step up, administration needs to step up and likely need a fresh start next season.