Oak Ridge @ Central(Week 2)

tnchad1980

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, we're pretty thin at RB. Behind Elliot we don't have anybody with varsity experience at RB other than Robert Valdez, but he is playing in the slot. Behind Robert we have Ricky Chitwood, Riley Myer, Jemiah Hall, Chandler Scott, Reece Rikola and Michael Rowe. So yeah, that's another issue. I guess those guys are battling to see who will get some varsity reps.

Ouch, that depth you just mentioned sounds scary. I am scared what we are going to look like after this year. I see a big talent dropoff coming next year. What do you think ORK? Gladly, i hear Jefferson has some real good athletes this year? I hope they stick with it, we sure as heck need em to lol. I have seen a few of the guys you mentioned play, and lets just say their athletic skill didn't blow me out of the water by any means, except for Hall. He just needs some muscle and weight.

SS, I'll just say it like this, after this year we will be in full on rebuild. Just look at the roster/starters, take away the 12th graders and see what you got left. It's not a pretty picture. But we won't be the first team to go through that. We used to just reload, but that's just not the case in the Ridge anymore. Getting back to where we are right now is going to take awhile, I just hope that Blade and the staff stay around long enough to see it through.

SS, I'll just say it like this, after this year we will be in full on rebuild. Just look at the roster/starters, take away the 12th graders and see what you got left. It's not a pretty picture. But we won't be the first team to go through that. We used to just reload, but that's just not the case in the Ridge anymore. Getting back to where we are right now is going to take awhile, I just hope that Blade and the staff stay around long enough to see it through.

I know man, i hope they do too. Like you say, it doesn't look pretty. The days of re-loading are gone, unfortunately in Oak Ridge.

Now that the expectations are solidly in place for what it takes to play for this coach and this team, I think the kids that stick it out for four years will always be pretty good. It's just that next year the number of exceptional players will drop off some. Not that we don't have some good talent in the ranks, it's just that it has to be developed over time. And over that time it takes to get these young guys ready, we are going to have to take some lumps.

Now that the expectations are solidly in place for what it takes to play for this coach and this team, I think the kids that stick it out for four years will always be pretty good. It's just that next year the number of exceptional players will drop off some. Not that we don't have some good talent in the ranks, it's just that it has to be developed over time. And over that time it takes to get these young guys ready, we are going to have to take some lumps.

Yes, very true. I have been hearing some good things about the Jefferson kids, and i know the frosh team last year was pretty good. I watched some of the frosh play against Alcoa in the scrimmage and a few of them looked good. Namely T.J. Allsion, and #35 for the frosh team, he is gonna be a player. White kid, he is a LB. Can't remember his name.

There is a freshman named Warrington, you may remember his dad. He is looking good and practicing with the varsity. We've got some young talent. The question is will they all stick it out and become seniors. There's alot of factors in play there as you know. Girls, cars, jobs, does the coach stay around, do they choose to focus on one sport etc. etc. It would be nice if all 35 freshman become senior football players, but then reality sets in. So, lets have some fun this year and hope this team can do something special by the end of the year. You gonna be there Thurs?

Juniors - weak class. Just not a lot of numbers.

Sophs - good, but not great. Need to be developed.

Freshmen - lots of talent. Some future stars. Just need to stay with football.

8th grade - could be as good as this years senior class. They have the equivalent to a Rian Hall and Eliott Normand (maybe better). Lots of backs and linemen. No Matt Moore clone as of yet.

It will take great coaching and maybe a move to 5A to keep rolling.

Yes, very true. I have been hearing some good things about the Jefferson kids, and i know the frosh team last year was pretty good. I watched some of the frosh play against Alcoa in the scrimmage and a few of them looked good. Namely T.J. Allsion, and #35 for the frosh team, he is gonna be a player. White kid, he is a LB. Can't remember his name.

#35 Adam Manookian. Big, strong and fast. Good kid