Dobyns Bennett @ Sullivan South

BatmanDB

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is something eerily quite from the south enders. I'm not sure if it is accpeting the inevitable or they have something "special" for tonight and the coach has mandated silence. Add to that south taking the bye during week #1 and puling the game back a day for "ecomomic" reasons and it has the makings of an ambush. The G man sounded a little...irritated about the change in sheduling and I'm hoping that feeds into the team and they come out with laser focus. In all honesty this game should be a walkover but stranger things have happened.

Here is the way I'm seeing it could go: South will display a 3 ring circus full of gadgets in order to keep the Tribe off balance...DB weathers the storm lays the hammer effectivly making the 4th qtr a time for the yung uns...half time will be extended to 1 hour for a pickup truck parade...at leat one pair of daisy dukes and 1 halter top made of stars and bars wil be worn....South wins at the gate and concessions and the AD petitions the TSSAA to have DB on the schedule each week as part of the counties plan to use the money to pay the legal costs for the cat fight between Sheriff Anderson and Mayor Godsey.

The South fans are quiet on the coach but there is a lot of big talk on facebook and cell phones.They do believe they will win tonight .I guess they are just tired of the same old coacht stuff and hope DB comes to the game with their heads up in the air.I got to talk with one of our fine coaches and he is ready,I just hope the young men are in the same frame of mind .Roll Tribe

Not much to be gained or proven here for either team IMO If South were to win it is time for DB to pack it up any way. I hope neither team gets any one hurt, South is a Good Solid 5a team and I think this DB crew may be one of those special teams you see every now and then. I would like to see DeBo take it all the way he is a Great Kid. Hope it is a class act on both sides

Good Luck Play Safe

My biggest concern is always for both teams to not have an injury.Good luck to your guys on a safe and I hope another perfect regular season !!

35-13 DB at the half. DB went dead just before halftime and South caught fire scoring just before the half ended, through the air (of cource) South has 127 yrds. pasing in the first half. South get s the ball to start second half. DB better play in the second half or they could be in trouble.

Good:

1. Swafford is pretty special. The punt return for TD was all him.

2. Got the win.

Bad:

1. Passing game...don't have a good one and cant defend an average one. Why can't they find a kid with a big arm? Let's be honest, the TD catch would have been knocked down/picked off most times.

2. Defense is not gonna get it done. Period. They were flat outmanned/coached on more than one south drive. A catfish defense it ain't.

3. Penalties....lack of discipline

I am concerned about next Friday night. If the pass defense does not improve quick they will lose. If I had to make a prediction right now I would put my money on coming home from dolly town with a big L.

Edited by maroonandgrey

Very sloopy game. I think DB had over 100yrds in penaltys. Swafford 4tds. and had another long td run called back on a penalty. Forman two td passes. Cook looked pretty good but had two ints. that he shouldn't of thrown. No improvement in pass defense. South had receivers running wide open all night long. Our pass rush on their QB didn't give him time to throw and thats all we had. I think South ended up with 140 yrds. passing and two tds. Sevier Co. will light it up against us. We will have to score 60 to beat them.