Eagles vs The Big Red

shakinthefat

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MBA obviously looks a lot better so far this year, but let's not kid ourselves here....BA destroyed MBA in the worst beat-down I have ever witnessed of an MBA team in person, going back 25 years, and it could have been worse had BA not called off the dogs.

The main take-away from the Trinity game IMO was that MBA's rbs are hitting the holes hard and getting positivie yardage on just about every carry, and the OL is creating some holes. There were some long runs, and consistent 5-7 yard gains. There was nowhere to run against BA last year.

MBA obviously looks a lot better so far this year, but let's not kid ourselves here....BA destroyed MBA in the worst beat-down I have ever witnessed of an MBA team in person, going back 25 years, and it could have been worse had BA not called off the dogs.

The main take-away from the Trinity game IMO was that MBA's rbs are hitting the holes hard and getting positivie yardage on just about every carry, and the OL is creating some holes. There were some long runs, and consistent 5-7 yard gains. There was nowhere to run against BA last year.

I'm extremely sorry to be out of town and unable to attend this game. It should be a dandy.

Using comparative scores is always a sketchy art, but MBA certainly showed last week that it can compete against elite talent. BA wasn't perfect in its blowout of Maplewood, but the Eagles showed signs of excellence. I'm looking forward to seeing both teams develop. I'll stay away from making a pick, but I think this one could come down to the wire.

This game is the most important game in the last two years for MBA.

The worst and most humiliating MBA performance, perhaps in the last decade, happened one year ago at home against BA. Although the BGA loss at home on October 2, 2009 was a close second, the grief, lack of spirit, scandal hangover, and ultimate complete surrender on the field last year really had not been seen before and was not anticipated. The team had a hole through its soul like it had been hit with a 12 gauge at four feet with .00 buckshot. Many of the present MBA starters were on the field last year at the surrender. They will, I am confident, not forget it.

MBA played a great game against Trinity and should have won. Jamie Redmond has made a remarkable difference. The secondary was in the right place and the defense played at a level unseen in quite some time. "Could have or would have" matters not anymore. The question becomes can and will this MBA team win? Will it survive as a fighting unit or will it surrender at the point of the bayonet?

Although BA is favored by seven, I believe that MBA will stand its ground and this Friday night's win will be one of its greatest moments. If I am wrong and the team surrenders, the season may be lost.

Well I guess the MBA/Ensworth is a bigger game than MBA/BA. This topic has had 535 views and very little prediction interest, only 4 replies. Where is the interest in discussing the game of the week in Middle Tn? Oh well, guess the BA supporters really did leave the boards and MBA fans are too busy counting the days till Ensworth.

Well I guess the MBA/Ensworth is a bigger game than MBA/BA. This topic has had 535 views and very little prediction interest, only 4 replies. Where is the interest in discussing the game of the week in Middle Tn? Oh well, guess the BA supporters really did leave the boards and MBA fans are too busy counting the days till Ensworth.

It's just been a steady erosion of the MBA supporters over the past couple of years. I don't think it's so much a lack of interest as the fact that a lot of the posters have left, mainly because there have been times when these boards have become so vitriolic that it just wasn't fun anymore. Two or three seasons ago, there was a major shift in the tone of messages. It went from people discussing the game in a knowledgable way to juvenile taunting and trash talk. Informed and intelligent debate was replaced by nasty personal attacks. For heaven's sake, somebody attacked Bluemom on here.

It's unfortunate, because there was a time when this board was was a lot of fun.

I am having a good time contemplating the game tomorrow. Based on the results of the matchup with Trinity, MBA should have the advantage. BA at home gives them an edge.

I have to admit a week ago i would have given the nod to BA,, but based on what I saw Friday, MBA has the capability to shut down a national powerhouse and could do the same tomorrow night. I was most impressed with the Big Red's heart and "hit em in the mouth" attitude. They executed a masterfully crafted game plan. I believe that is what will determine tomorrow night's outcome. Will that same MBA team take the field with the heart and conviction that almost took down Trinity?

It's going to be a great game.

I think it's partly because most of us do not know what to make of either team. If the BA team that played trinity in the first half shows up against the MBA team that played Trinity then we have a ball game. Most of us who have been following both teams just do not know who will show up. If BA plays like they did in the first quarter against Maplewood they will be digging out of a hole I suspect. I know both teams and BA has the better athletes but that's not always a win. I have only seen BA click for 3 quarters this year so i am waiting to say wow... And i think this team has that type of game in them. I walked up to the game last year at MBA with BA was ahead by 3 tds early and was absolutely shocked. I don't see that happening again and I hope MBA has a chip on their shoulder and brings the A game into Brentwood.

My guess is MBA will load the box defensively and force BA's QB to beat them with the passing game. If BA fails to sustain drives, game over--MBA wants the ball to shorten the game and run the clock. With MBA's power game, I think they have a big advantage in this one if BA fails to put some drives together. When BA has scored this year, it's come quick/big plays, i.e. Trinity. When they needed to burn some clock, and move the chains, they couldn't do it. 3 and outs are a morale killer, and playing defense is much more tiring than offense. With lots of players going both ways for BA, let's hope they can cut down on the defensive snaps. If BA's short passing game comes together, and they can take pressure off their run game and loosen up MBA's defense, then I think that makes the difference as far as BA is concerned.

I think you are spot on. I'm not optimistic for the same reason - BAs offense is sputtering and they are tiring out the defense. And they have a lot of guys going both ways. Add rain to that (possible Isaac impact) and MBAs big boys have the advantage. Skill guys with speed get neutralized. I still think the BA squad can make a run in the playoffs but for this one, i think MBA will pull it out.