Eagles vs The Big Red

shakinthefat

I like how you guys are bashing MBA's new coach. Considering the mess he inherited, his job entails more than football. mBA made a fool of themselves and it will be years before they rebuild their image. For now, I doubt that any person outside of MBA has an ounce of integrity for the school.

Invest in your coach, as you guys have nothing else to invest in.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Vandyhoosier" "Custer" big shots behind the key pad. Those kids and coaches at MBA bust there butts. Get over it!! These message boards attrack all kinds don't they? MBA looked flat last night as did BA after their game with Trinity. BA looked good but very beatable. Whole lotta football yet to be played.

I don't doubt the kids, and their coach, bust their butts. But that's not what I'm referring to.

What happened during this past off season will PLAGUE MBA down the line for quite a few years. 10 years of wins and championships revoked?

What a shame.

And it doesn't get easier for MBA. They travel to 'Nooga next week to play Baylor at their homecoming.

I have a little sympathy for the team and coach, but this is MBA's reckoning, and they'll face such criticism for a long time.

I'm not trying to be a big shot. Just trying to bring up the elephant in the room.

I don't agree with you one bit ... Compared to the MBA team that began the season last year this team is much improved and better than the 1-2 record indicates. This MBA team could beat most teams in the state of TN. I know this is not acceptable at a football powerhouse but they are on the right track. They did a terrific job against the run versus BA but they just do not have the skilled position athletes that BA has... But they are close. Their line looked really good and their running back was tough.. Personally I think they lose one more game this year and improve over last year. I also think they will be dangerous in the playoffs for any team. I have no kids at MBA so just my 2 cents

The father of one of the MBA players told me before the Trinity game that this team was very different from last year's team. He specifically mentioned the offensive line as being outstanding BUT thin on depth. A couple of injuries against Trinity changed the complection of the offense.

As to the coaching situation, I'm not seeing the disasters he's allegedly perpetrating. I think he's a decent man, and I think he's doing a pretty good job. He inherited a program with a lot of problems, none of them his doing. We may be in a situation similar to the mid-70's, when the program limped along with pretty mediocre results, including 6 straight losses to Ryan. It took Tommy Owen three seasons to get the ship righted, and I think the state of the program is probably much worse than that time.

Marty Euverard is a very good high school football coach. The only problem that I see with MBA is that they play in the most difficult division (D2AA) in Tennessee and they went out and scheduled Louisville Trinity. Give the man and his staff an opportunity to cleanup the mess that you created by paying high school football players. MBA has tried throwing $$$$ at the football program and that didn't work. It will take continued hard work and a few years to get MBA back to the top of D2AA. IMO, MBA is lucky that they didn't receive the "DEATH PENALTY" & Coach Marty Euverard accepted the job as head football coach after many of his associates told him to walk away.

Unless they get in by default, MBA won't make the playoffs.

Ensworth, Baylor, BGA left on the schedule it won't be easy.

Ryan and McCallie will also give them a run for their money.

JP2 and Pearl Cohn should be shoe-ins.

Blood is in the water. D2 smells it.

How many seniors are playing for MBA this season? It's unfortunate their high school career ends with a such a mess with the faculty and coaches they put their faith in. What a let down. These kids have learned a valuable life lesson hopefully - money and prestige are tainted. Also, go to school and get a degree in law - medicine will not be viable for lucrative pay post 2014.