Gallatin hosts Oakland

Verb58

A tough non-district game for the Wave. Hard work all week leading to this weeks matchup is what it will take for Gallatin to continue building on the last 2 games. We have since learned that Wilson Central is for real so that game has to be looked at as another building block for this season. Hoping that a good week of practice will lead to a great effort this week. Go Wave.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a shame all of the Oakland supporters do not post anymore. I always liked their input. Oakland will come in looking to prove they are not as bad as 1-2. Gallatin will have their hands full Friday night. The Green Wave have 2 wins but lets be honest, those were not very good teams. The Wave will be tested this week!!

As a 7aaa fan (except for Smyrna) I'll speak up.

If Oakland gets T. Willis back healthy and stops all the crazy mistakes they were reported to have made last Friday night, they should be in good shape for this one. If not, it could go down to the wire like Gallatin @ Oakland did last year. If Oakland wants to go back to the playoffs they need to win this one.

Look for Oakland to come out looking for blood in this one. After losing to LaVergne, things will not pleasant at Oakland this week until they get another win.

Gallatin, they are big, fast and in the mold of the old R'dale teams. Defense is tough and stingy. I could not believe how many points hung on them last week. They will NOT like a repeat of that. Look for them to try for a shutout. They won't get it, but they will try.

tandem, I am NOT Oakland. My son played for Riverdale. I just know some at Oakland and what IS happening there this week. Believe me they are NOT talking trash. They are just practicing, HARD!

As to injuries, there are a couple, but the backups are getting reps in practice so Friday should be OK.

I was referring to in-game trash talking from the players. Beech scrimmages them every year and they (by far) do the most yapping of any team Beech plays. It's all good, just boys being boys. Always makes it interesting.

Looks like this may not be the Oakland team with all the preseason hype, but they are still a very good and dangerous team, and it will take a complete effort to beat them. The last 6 quarters have no doubt instilled a spark and a lot of confidence from Gallatin's standpoint. Hopefully good things will happen early in this game to keep that momentum going. It should be a great game!

I got word last night that Banks and Brown collided and were shaken up pretty good on a pass coverage play in practice yesterday. Hopefully they are both okay.

Oakland has more depth, larger student body, more experience, angry after their defeat by LaVergne, and angry they got beat last year by the Wave. Sounds like the Green Wave has nothing to lose but play ball and see what happens. I guarentee you Gallatin has practiced just as hard knowing all of the above just like I do.

Oakland has more depth, larger student body, more experience, angry after their defeat by LaVergne, and angry they got beat last year by the Wave. Sounds like the Green Wave has nothing to lose but play ball and see what happens. I guarentee you Gallatin has practiced just as hard knowing all of the above just like I do.

Good luck to the Wave