Big Games in Memphis - Week 3

kwc

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure, KWC. I am leaning toward this one, it is closer to the house. But, since I have seen CBHS in a game this year, and have watched them practice a couple of times, I really feel like seeing two teams, Whitehaven and Ridgeway, which I have yet to see this year. I may just attend a half of each.

Well ... if you come to the WHS vs Ridgeway game you know what side I will be sitting on. I'll be dressed in black with a shirt that has 'WHITEHAVEN' written in white, (Thank you Walmart!) I will also be wearing a black bandanna on my head. Hopefully I will be sitting on the 50 yard line or somewhere close to it.

Edited by kwc

Ok. I'm going to make this short and sweet. I've selected 6 games this week. I pray that I got all of the pertinent information correct. Here goes.

Game 1: (2-1) White Station (D16-6A) @ (2-0) CBHS (D2-AA West)

Game 2: (3-0) Covington (D14-4A) @ (1-1) Brighton (D13-6A)

Game 3: (3-0) Univ. Sch. of Jackson (D2-A West) @ (1-1) ECS (D2-A West)

Game 4: (1-1) Germantown (D15-6A) @ (1-2) Hendersonville (D9-5A)

Game 5: (3-0) Whitehaven (D16-6A) vs (2-1) Ridgeway (D15-5A) @ Halle

Game 6: (2-1) Trezevant (D15-4A) @ (3-0) Southwind (D15-6A)

Game 7: (2-0) Millington (D14-6A) @ (1-2) Munford (D13-4A) [Added by request]

1) CBHS by 3 points .... Most exciting game of the night!!!

2) Covington by 2

3) ECS by 3

4) G'twn by 4

5) Whitehaven by 13

6) Trezevant by 6

7) Millington by 17

Edited by TraderB

You can't be serious!!! M and M Bowl...Munford hasn't won this or even been competetive in the last 10 years or more...This has been a laugher and is played only for the dollars for the home team!! (In this case, it also benefits Millington should there be playoff implications .. ie ...tiebreakers.. Otherwise, the only thing of interest here will be the Munford Band!! Chalk another one up for Millington and the streak continues!!

I did not ask for it to be added because it is always a close game, although Munford is improved, and we are growing into a new offense.It could be closer than you think. You are correct it is a big money game and it is still a rivalry. No reason to hate on us.

"WE ARE MILLINGTON"

Edited by dou

Ok. I'm going to make this short and sweet. I've selected 6 games this week. I pray that I got all of the pertinent information correct. Here goes.

Game 4: (1-1) Germantown (D15-6A) @ (1-2) Hendersonville (D9-5A)

Game 7: (2-0) Millington (D14-6A) @ (1-2) Munford (D13-4A) [Added by request]

My picks:

The BlackHaven Senator is BACK in the Upper Cumberland! TTU PRIDE

Live from the Upper Cumberland here are my picks...

CBHS wins because of Home Cooking and those good exported RBs. -6

Covington wins because of that Tipton Co. tradition. -3

ECS -7

Hendersonville -10

RESPECT DA HAVEN from Cookeville Baby!!!

Trezevant wins because of Defensive pressure on Southwind's QB. -13

Millington -24

KWC and company I doubt that I'll be able to give the same type of insight that I used to give. I had to get into Grad school on these Folks. I'm trying to get this paper, do you hear me (In Memphis-ese)...

To All the TN High School Football fans out there just know that When Whitehaven makes it Back to Cookeville that they'll have the Black and Old Gold carpet laid out for them. There won't be any 'sitting in the stands while not being able to warm up' this year. Let's Go Saulsberry, I'll be waiting on ya!

RESPECT DA HAVEN

I don't care how "improved" Munford is...They can not compete against any team other than the Northsides and Westwoods out of Memphis...Talk about rivalry all you want..In a rivalry game you can toss out records, etc and it's anyone's game..Not here!! This is and will continue to be a non-competetive game and an automatic win in the Win column for Millington..They keep this game on here for the tiebreaker benefit (overall record) should playoffs be involved..and I don't blame them! Either way, as i said, the streak continues for Millington! No hating here..just stating the facts!!

I understand your points but we do not keep them on schedule for a win, we have 20,000 other reasons.

'Big Games in Memphis' that are on the radio:

Game 1: White Station @ CBHS, at 6:30 PM on Channel WPGF-FM (87.7)

Game 2: Covington @ Brighton, at 6:30 PM on Channel WKBQ-FM (93.5)

Other Memphis-area high school football games on the radio:

Center Hill (MS) @ Briarcrest, at 6:30 PM on Channel WHBQ-AM (560)

MUS @ Memphis Central, at 6:45 PM on Channel WMC-AM (790)

Trezevant @ Southwind, at 6:45 PM on Channel WQOX-FM (88.5)

I'm sorry for the confusion about Game 5 being broadcast. I was informed that 88.5 will broadcast the Whitehaven vs White Station game next week, so they don't like to broadcast one particular school two weeks in a row.

Edited by kwc

Game 4: (1-1) Germantown (D15-6A) @ (1-2) Hendersonville (D9-5A)-

Game 7: (2-0) Millington (D14-6A) @ (1-2) Munford (D13-4A)

1. CBHS

2. Covington

3. USJ

4.Hendersonville

5. WhiteHaven

6. Trezvant

7. Millington

Edited by millingtonfan2007

I did not ask for it to be added because it is always a close game, although Munford is improved, and we are growing into a new offense.It could be closer than you think. You are correct it is a big money game and it is still a rivalry. No reason to hate on us.

"WE ARE MILLINGTON"

I don't care how "improved" Munford is...They can not compete against any team other than the Northsides and Westwoods out of Memphis...Talk about rivalry all you want..In a rivalry game you can toss out records, etc and it's anyone's game..Not here!! This is and will continue to be a non-competetive game and an automatic win in the Win column for Millington..They keep this game on here for the tiebreaker benefit (overall record) should playoffs be involved..and I don't blame them! Either way, as i said, the streak continues for Millington! No hating here..just stating the facts!!

Edited by visionaire

The BlackHaven Senator is BACK in the Upper Cumberland! TTU PRIDE

Live from the Upper Cumberland here are my picks...

KWC and company I doubt that I'll be able to give the same type of insight that I used to give. I had to get into Grad school on these Folks. I'm trying to get this paper, do you hear me (In Memphis-ese)...

RESPECT DA HAVEN

BHS ... the above that is in bold made me smile when i read it. Get that paper! Real Talk! You know we will hold down the fort on this end of the state!

Signing off as I shout ... "Who's House?"