william blount needs a new head coach?

governorsfan22

all very good points and your right, but

my honest opinion is that the right coach brings

that discipline and instills it in to boys. I have also noticed the lack of effort at times, at the sevier county game the guy who was covering mccarter was jogging, jogging!!! jogging wont cut it defending any receiver. so yeah its the player's fault for being lazy in that specific instance, but that's when the coach has got to step in and chew him out" you have got to give more effort then that!!" and if the problem persists, bench him,put somebody in there who will bust their rear end. don't leave him on mccarter the entire game. if players aren't giving their all, don't let them play, make them work their butts off to prove it.

I said nothing about discipline in my post. Discipline does come from the coaches and there needs to be plenty of that at WB. I am talking about commitment, that burning passion in the pit of your gut to get better...to be the best you can possibly be. A coach cannot instill this in a kid, he can encourage it, but he cannot instill it in a kid.

If I am not mistaken they have 3 Sophamores on the starting defense. 1 at corner, 1 at safety and 1 at Defensive End. Everybody else on defense is JR/SR. They are also getting number 37 more involved on defense and he has not looked very good. He seems to be more concerned with winning a few years down the road and skipping over his Juniors. From what I am hearing he may have a mass exodus next year from his current Juniors. They are tired of being overlooked.

that's the wrong attitude to have, he needs to be in win now mode.

Frankly NO other schools besides Maryville and Alcoa in Blount County will be a powerhouse until OPEN ZONING is done away with. That one thing was the biggest thing Rankin went to Alcoa for as he did NOT have it in Rutherford County anymore.

If you can't go to another state like Ga or Ala or a Private in Tn, then Alcoa was the perfect fit.

FACT!

Anything else then you are just spraying water into the wind.

LMBO.....at you LOD. FACT!!! you are angy and disgruntled because 7AAA gets schellacked by Blount County teams when YOU have superior talent. I bet you are one of those that runs his mouth about the greatness of Rutherford county and 7AAA football then runs and hides when they get their butts haded to them in the play-offs. Time for the common and practiced excuse for the 7AAA ilk......3....2.....1.

No thanks, I don't need to know him. You say that you have been to many games and heard the parents complain, and heard players complain. Well, I don't have all the answers, but when have the parents at WB not complained? Have they done their part by instilling a commitment into their kids? Or has the only thing their kid ever heard them do is complain about whatever coach is there, or complain about practice or workouts, or make excuses to why they couldn't have their kid there. I have never made my kid play sports, but we have always had the understanding that if sports were worth playing, it was worth working to be the best that he could be, and if that is not very good, thats ok, but he will work to be the best he can be or he can do something else. At CMS this past summer, they had workouts 3 times a week, and a team of about 35 players averaged 6 to 8 kids per workout. Again, I ask how committed were the other parents in helping their kids to get better? No, these are the same parents that will send their kid on to WB and be just as uncommitted there as they were in middle school, and sit and gripe about any coach they bring in, because the coach is not able to make their little Johnny a superstar and win championships. I have news for you and others, they don't give championships away, it is not Upward or Outward, you have to go out and work your rear off if you want something. You go ask the parents of the kids that have been a part of those championship teams at Maryville and Alcoa if anyone gave them anything....those kids sacrificed and worked their butts off to get those championships.... while some of their friends were at the lake or in the pool, they were working to get better. From where I come from, it is not the kids responsibility to coach the team, it is their responsibility to do what is being asked of them....no player has to like their coach, but you won't find a successful team that the players don't respect their coach and a lot of these kids have evidently not been taught that from home. I watched the Central game on TV the other night, and any kid that is playing at the high school level should be able to give more effort to block and run than that, even if they didn't have a coach. When the bulk of parents have made a commitment, and the kids start making a commitment to be the best they can be, and come out and play as hard as they can in whatever system is being ran, then you can talk

about changing coaches....Obviously, this is

JMHO.

all very good points and your right, but

my honest opinion is that the right coach brings

that discipline and instills it in to boys. I have also noticed the lack of effort at times, at the sevier county game the guy who was covering mccarter was jogging, jogging!!! jogging wont cut it defending any receiver. so yeah its the player's fault for being lazy in that specific instance, but that's when the coach has got to step in and chew him out" you have got to give more effort then that!!" and if the problem persists, bench him,put somebody in there who will bust their rear end. don't leave him on mccarter the entire game. if players aren't giving their all, don't let them play, make them work their butts off to prove it.

Edited by Governors91

Frankly NO other schools besides Maryville and Alcoa in Blount County will be a powerhouse until OPEN ZONING is done away with. That one thing was the biggest thing Rankin went to Alcoa for as he did NOT have it in Rutherford County anymore.

If you can't go to another state like Ga or Ala or a Private in Tn, then Alcoa was the perfect fit.

FACT!

Anything else then you are just spraying water into the wind.

LMBO.....at you LOD. FACT!!! you are angy and disgruntled because 7AAA gets schellacked by Blount County teams when YOU have superior talent. I bet you are one of those that runs his mouth about the greatness of Rutherford county and 7AAA football then runs and hides when they get their butts haded to them in the play-offs. Time for the common and practiced excuse for the 7AAA ilk......3....2.....1.

Plain fact is you handed us our tails EVERY time we played you. Talent is about equal. HC's, I will give to Maryville as Coach Q has Coach A's number until he actually beats him. The year Coach A won the Gold Ball at Hillsboro was NOT against Coach Q. If it had been he (Coach A) would not have his ring. The ONE thing we have over just about everybody in East Tennessee is our STRENGTH of SCHEDULE. Face it the toughest game Maryville plays until the playoffs is Alcoa. Same thing goes for Alcoa.

Your open zone does nothing as to your strength against us. All I am saying is it DOES hurt the other COUNTY schools programs. Am I saying you recruit? NO, but even you have to admit getting kids from the county helps both in football and other sports.

I call them like I see them. If I was so wrong, you would not have gotten so upset. Now lets talk about Maryville's LONGEST away game EVER!

The ONE thing we have over just about everybody in East Tennessee is our STRENGTH of SCHEDULE. Face it the toughest game Maryville plays until the playoffs is Alcoa. Same thing goes for Alcoa.

I've got nothing bad to say about Riverdale's strength of schedule; y'all play a bunch of tough teams. Let's not pretend Maryville just plays a bunch of patsies though. The last team that wasn't Maryville to beat Riverdale wasn't a 7AAA team, it was Oak Ridge. Riverdale played Farragut twice in '09 and '10 and won by a combined eight points. Like it or not, Maryville getting paired up annually with Bearden, Catholic, Farragut and Oak Ridge is a pretty good grouping in its own right and it's only going to help East Tennessee football.