Division 2 Mr. Football

Guest dsgbRT4

No matter how many times Ryan throws an interception or an incomplete pass, he always gets back out there firing away and he always finds a way to get the job done. The numbers don't lie, 19-2 as a starter is more than anyone in the division can say. It just depends on if they go for stats like they did last year with Mosby from CBHS. If they go with stats it might be Fisher or Clenin.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robert Towns is the best runningback in Division 2. I believe he has over 15 touchdowns on the year. I have played against Derrick Clennin, David Holbert, Theo Townsden, Darren Mustin, and a few other great players...and Robert Towns is the best. He is a one man show. Rhino, he plays for Briarcrest Christian and has led them to 4 straight state title appearances. He's basically a one man team. Last year he was second in the Shelby Metro area averaging over 42 yards a return! Against Webb I saw him score on a punt return, a fake field goal run, and a 1 yard dive to seal the game. I think he will win D2-AA back of the year over Bowman. I have heard Towns is getting recruited by schools like Clemson.

D2-AAA should go to the qb over at McCallie, and Lineman should probably go to King Dunlap or Darren Mustin at BA.

D2-AA lineman should be Justin Currie, and the other players up for the award should be Calder Orr and John Inman, that is 3 representatives from all three regions.

Rhino...what position did you play for McCallie? Do you think they will win the state title again? DSGBRT is not Towns...good luck McCallie with another title run.

Oh, my bad, I saw the RT on his name and just kind of guessed.. I started at center last year. I really hope McCallie will be able to win again this year. They've got a very good team this year, and although the injury bug has hit them pretty hard lately, they've had several guys step up and play very well. That being said, Brentwood Academy is also a great team. I can definately see McCallie and BA matching up again this year for the state title. What will the result be? I honestly don't know. The past several games that the two teams have played have been so close that who can tell? Also, both teams still have to get through the playoffs before they can even think about another rematch. It seems as though anyone can beat anyone this year in the Super Seven (with a few exceptions), so no one can be taken for granted. As far as my Mr. Football picks, Moore and Remillard from McCallie have to go hand in hand because they are so complimentary to each other, one makes the other better. I'd take Moore though simply because he's the quarterback and his name is pretty well known across the state now. I think Michael Fisher from MBA and John McCrary from MUS are also legit contenders. Possibly Theo Townsend from BA. For lineman, Dunlap, Mustin and Holbert from BA are all great choices, but also look at John Shanks from McCallie, although I think he'd be more of a contender if he hadn't been hurt these past few weeks. Sorry if I don't give too many props to the Memphis guys, but I just don't know that much about them. In AA, you know Bowman is going to walk away with it, just because he's a top national recriut. I don't think he's had that great a season, but my vote really doesn't count at the end of the day.

Rhino...what position did you play for McCallie? Do you think they will win the state title again? DSGBRT is not Towns...good luck McCallie with another title run.

[Edited by rhinob59 on 11-1-02 11:06A]

Guest dsgbRT4

for back mr. football D2AA well i would say it is between robert towns of BCS and ryan karl of BGA i dont know karl's stats but i know he is good. after the harding game towns has 21 touchdowns from all differents ways of scoring. for lineman i would say hands down justin currie. i would say BCS has the best back field in west tennessee with towns and cole.

Guest Crest20

In a completely unbiased way, I totally agree with you dsgbrt4. I dont know about saying I should win hands down, but I do agree that it should be between Brandon Berry, Ryan Karl, and Robert Towns. Berry and Karl are the real deal. For lineman, I have no clue who should win, but for me to get nominated would be great. In d2aaa, clenin is a definite contender, and the LB Mustin should be a contender also.

I think the Mr Football lineman award will go to LB Mustin at BA. He has played solid all year. For back, I think QB Moore at McCallie is out of the race after having some bad games recently. He threw 3 INTs against MBA. I think it is still wide open for this category. I dont know much about the receiver at McCallie but I do know that Adcock and Fuson at BA should get some good looks for it. I dont believe Adcock has thrown an INT yet this year.

Adcock threw two INT's against McCallie, so he has at least that many. You're probably right though, after Ryan's poor showings against MUS and MBA, he probably has played himself out of contention. Remillard, the WR from McCallie in his first year of football since 7th grade is leading the Super Seven in receiving yards, and has been a great weapon for that team.

[Edited by rhinob59 on 11-2-02 11:10P]