DeKalb County vs Smith County

EdwardDone

SC 50 to 42 book it...

I love the enthusiasm and blind optimism. Being new to Smithville, I am not dissuaded by the history of poor Dekalb teams or their string of losses to SC. What is obvious however (even to those with poor eyesight) is that a team who has not posted 50 points in a game all year will not score 50 on the road against one of the better teams in its district. To expect a combined 92 for a competitive high school football game between the two teams is just as unlikely. If SC is going to win it will be by running the ball and eating up clock. Best case IF you want to win the Dekalb score better stay under 28. Personally, having watched every DC game this year and some of their summer and last year's game (first ever experience with either team). I would predict this DC team is easily three touchdowns better than last year's team (with most of that spread being due to defense). It so happens that the DC spread of points for/agains is 22 points better than last year with much of that coming in one half as 2nd and 3rd stringers played in the 2nd half of every game. I looked up YTD stats for SC last year vs this year. The SC spread in points for/against is (down 9.5) per game in 2012. Combined, (ignoring DC starters resting), the net statistical impact of the two teams is a 31.5 point shift versus last year. SC beat DC by 20 last year at home. Numbers are numbers. Statistically speaking, DC could blow them out and make a statement based upon spreads coming per half of starters playing but for arguments sake lets just go with hard math and forget the qualitative facotrs. DC this year by 12 at home 33 to 21.

I love the enthusiasm and blind optimism. Being new to Smithville, I am not dissuaded by the history of poor Dekalb teams or their string of losses to SC. What is obvious however (even to those with poor eyesight) is that a team who has not posted 50 points in a game all year will not score 50 on the road against one of the better teams in its district. To expect a combined 92 for a competitive high school football game between the two teams is just as unlikely. If SC is going to win it will be by running the ball and eating up clock. Best case IF you want to win the Dekalb score better stay under 28. Personally, having watched every DC game this year and some of their summer and last year's game (first ever experience with either team). I would predict this DC team is easily three touchdowns better than last year's team (with most of that spread being due to defense). It so happens that the DC spread of points for/agains is 22 points better than last year with much of that coming in one half as 2nd and 3rd stringers played in the 2nd half of every game. I looked up YTD stats for SC last year vs this year. The SC spread in points for/against is (down 9.5) per game in 2012. Combined, (ignoring DC starters resting), the net statistical impact of the two teams is a 31.5 point shift versus last year. SC beat DC by 20 last year at home. Numbers are numbers. Statistically speaking, DC could blow them out and make a statement based upon spreads coming per half of starters playing but for arguments sake lets just go with hard math and forget the qualitative facotrs. DC this year by 12 at home 33 to 21.

I will again point out that DC's stats are very impressive even against 4 teams that are a combined 1-15. I will again say we will find out just how good they are in 2 days!

This will be a hard fought game. I think that if SC stays with DC for at least three quarters, SC can pull away. This may not be a factor but DC hasn't played a full game yet and it might have an impact. SC has to sustain drives. I believe they will. Playcalling seems to be off this year. Too much of the same play. Btw, Does any DC players play both ways?

GO BIG OWLS!!!

OWLS win 34-30

This will be a hard fought game. I think that if SC stays with DC for at least three quarters, SC can pull away. This may not be a factor but DC hasn't played a full game yet and it might have an impact. SC has to sustain drives. I believe they will. Playcalling seems to be off this year. Too much of the same play. Btw, Does any DC players play both ways?

GO BIG OWLS!!!

OWLS win 34-30

Nowhere near as many as last year play both ways. The ones that do come out some from what I have seen.

GO BIG OWLS!!!

OWLS win 34-30

I agree with this analysis but if drives are consistently sustained to eat up clock the combined score will be lower. I would say the score will either be SC 24 DC 20 (with a missed PAT) or DC 46 and SC 18. Statistically, I will split the difference and stand by my DC 33 SC 21 prediction earlier. I can however see Jalen getting hot and wearing down a defense that has not had to play more than a half all year. That is why they play the game. Friday will be fun.

I will again point out that DC's stats are very impressive even against 4 teams that are a combined 1-15. I will again say we will find out just how good they are in 2 days!

2 of the 4 teams played have been the same team. Which DC did better than in both games. DC put up 24 more points than SC did against white co. without using starters and running the score up. And put up more points against warren too while holding them to one td just like SC did combined. As for the other two teams.. Well SC got blown out by LA so.. alright. And they beat a 1A school by one that DC had just scrimmaged two weeks earlier and beat by a td. I know who cares about scrimmages blah blah they dont mean anything, but DC looked better against them than SC is all I'm saying and gville fans have agreed.