Beech @ MtJuliet

werazzlin

Good job for both defenses. Most everybody thought it would be a shoot out. Congrats to Beech. Channel 4 showed where the Beech player fumbled/tossed the ball out of the end zone which should have been s touchback for us not 1st and goal for Beech in which they ended up scoring a TD. I'm not saying that one call cost us but it sure didn't help us.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop him? He had 300 yards!

Jalen was our one and only RB, and he took a beating last night. No, he didn't have any blazing end zone runs, but to write that Mt. Juliet stopped him is ridiculous. He continuously ran the ball down their throats.

All in all, both teams did what they were supposed to do. Perry's arrogance and aggressive play calling against a good team cost them a potential win. Period.

Edited by FactsOnly

Stop him? He had 300 yards!

Jalen was our one and only RB, and he took a beating last night. No, he didn't have any blazing end zone runs, but to write that Mt. Juliet stopped him is ridiculous. He continuously ran the ball down their throats.

All in all, both teams did what they were supposed to do. Perry's arrogance and aggressive play calling against a good team cost them a potential win. Period.

So ridiculous, the comment about having faith in his defense is just as ridiculous; they didnt stop Hurd for 3 quarters, what makes anybody think the last few minutes of the game would have been any different. Had they kicked it deep, Beech either runs the clock out and then scores, or runs the clock out and sends it to OT. By going w/ an onside kick, they stop them and have a chance to win, or Beech scores more quickly (which they did), giving them the opportunity to tie. Regardless of what they did they were both viable options. Far from anything to blast him on about making decisions though.....

So ridiculous, the comment about having faith in his defense is just as ridiculous; they didnt stop Hurd for 3 quarters, what makes anybody think the last few minutes of the game would have been any different. Had they kicked it deep, Beech either runs the clock out and then scores, or runs the clock out and sends it to OT. By going w/ an onside kick, they stop them and have a chance to win, or Beech scores more quickly (which they did), giving them the opportunity to tie. Regardless of what they did they were both viable options. Far from anything to blast him on about making decisions though.....

I agree that both calls ( 4th down and the on side kick ) were the right one's to make. Defense was worn down and these gave MJ the best chance to win at the end. It was too bad Hopkins ( # 5 ) slipped on the last 4th down attemp at about mid field; but that's football.

Good job for both defenses. Most everybody thought it would be a shoot out. Congrats to Beech. Channel 4 showed where the Beech player fumbled/tossed the ball out of the end zone which should have been s touchback for us not 1st and goal for Beech in which they ended up scoring a TD. I'm not saying that one call cost us but it sure didn't help us.

Go to the beechbucs.net link and view the photo of the ball carrier's foot on the sideline while he still had possession of the ball. The official in the pic is staring right at it, and that is why he ruled the runner was out of bounds before he fumbled.

What a great atmosphere on Friday night. It doesn't get any better than that. I think there were more people at that game than Beech/Henry Co.

Go to the beechbucs.net link and view the photo of the ball carrier's foot on the sideline while he still had possession of the ball. The official in the pic is staring right at it, and that is why he ruled the runner was out of bounds before he fumbled.

What a great atmosphere on Friday night. It doesn't get any better than that. I think there were more people at that game than Beech/Henry Co.

Good job by the ref because when I watched the short clip It didn't show his foot go out first just showed the ball going thru the end zone. It was a matter of a split second. An even greater pic shot because that was awful close. MJ is undersized on the O-line and very liitle experience returning from last year and it showed in this game. Great win and congrats to the Bucs. Keep your head up to the BEARS. Alot of football left to be played this year.

I agree that both calls ( 4th down and the on side kick ) were the right one's to make. Defense was worn down and these gave MJ the best chance to win at the end. It was too bad Hopkins ( # 5 ) slipped on the last 4th down attemp at about mid field; but that's football.

BKisler, it's a shame he slipped but still not for sure he would have made it. They're defense had 2 guys right there.