Redskins vs. Warriors (CAK@Loudon)

FootballDad

Until the past few years this has been a rough & tumble game. Loudon gets a W against MC and some much needed confidence after losing to a couple of undefeated teams (Alcoa & Lenior City). CAK gets past rival Grace and is still undefeated. 2 years ago we saw a very exciting shoot out (C.High's first high school start due to an injured Q.Epperly) in which CAK won 48-45 with the clock expiring with Loudon at about the 5 yd line. What are your thoughts on this years game?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Bradley pointed out that we have not typically played our best when we've played at Loudon. Hopefully that won't be the case this year. I think the Warriors should be able to handle this game with no trouble IF they don't come in flat. LC's losses are to a couple of very good teams; it would be a mistake to overlook them. This game being on the road and sandwiched in between Grace and Gibbs troubles me, but in the end I think the Warriors walk away with a comfortable victory.

That is about right. CAK's run defense is horrible for a state championship contender. Teams have been able to pretty much run at will. The great passing game will continue to produce enough points to win. For sure Charley High is a top notch QB who can carry the Warriors along way.

I agree OW, but they did manage to hold Grace to 19 pts, which was about 11pts less than what the first 3 teams averaged scoring against us. CAK should have some other options available defensively by the time the playoffs role around. I don't think that will be enough to make this defensive unit a great one, but maybe just enough to get them deep into the playoffs. I think the mold has been cast for what this years version of the Warriors will look like until we get some players healed and we get to the "win or go home" stage of the season when I believe we will see several players going both ways. Nevertheless, CAK keeps winning by riding the back of an incredibly well oiled offense. I expect a 40 something to 20 something kind of game at Loudon. But they always give us a tough time down there so anything is possible. One things for sure about this game, after its over we will be one game closer to getting Josh Smith back. His replacement (#6 Cunningham) is doing an excellent job, but Josh is so explosive and brings a variety of challenges to our opponents (although CAK did beat Alcoa the first time last year without him).

Good luck to both teams for an injury free game.

This has sure been a quiet thread. Evidently there just isn't that much to talk about. This is a very important game within the district and CAK needs to play well and stay focused. This would be a huge win for Loudon and a big loss for CAK if the Redskins could find a way to win. However, CAK is no doubt a prohibitive favorite and should win comfortably. Our challenge is to continue to improve on defense and keep everyone healthy. The Warriors will try to put up as many points as possible early in order to give the defense a cushion. If CAK holds Loudon to 3 or less scores then I will consider that another step in the right direction.

P.S: CAK fans traveling to Loudon for the first time, don't let the cannon startle you, ha.

CAK is weaker than last year but Loudon won't be able to keep up with the scoring. If Loudon can control the clock with the ground game than it will be alittle closer, but CAK 45 - 20. CAK better improve alot on the run defense or they could fall in the 2nd or 3rd round this year, even with High and company.

Unfortunately I believe you are right. I believe the coaches will approach things differently once playoff time rolls around. If not, then we will be giving the gold ball back to our windy friends in Blount County.

I think this is a quite thread because there really is not much to talk about!! I don't see this being a very competitive game At all. Cak will score a tone of points in this game- London won't be able to keep up!! Cak defense is questionable at times but London is down this year and I agree with everyone else and see this being 42 to 21 or similar to that score! Cak controls this game and wins easy!