Milan vs. South Gibson

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per the power rankings, Milan is a 19-point favorite, plus 2 points for home field advantage. That makes it a 21 point spread.

I'm assuming your talking about Sonny Moore's power rankings. You cant put alot of stock in these. Last year, he had South Gibson in the 2A Power rankings the entire year! If he doesn't know which class they play in, how can he accurately evaluate their strenght of schedule or power rating???

I'm assuming your talking about Sonny Moore's power rankings. You cant put alot of stock in these. Last year, he had South Gibson in the 2A Power rankings the entire year! If he doesn't know which class they play in, how can he accurately evaluate their strenght of schedule or power rating???

Well, it is about the only published method to establish a point spread on high school games.

Do you know of another? I think max_preps used to have a match-up feature that would predict a spread, but I don't see it this year.

Well, it is about the only published method to establish a point spread on high school games.

Do you know of another? I think max_preps used to have a match-up feature that would predict a spread, but I don't see it this year.

unapproved website will let you do a spread for any two teams nationwide. You can even do teams from previous years for ex. This years Milan team vs. '03 Covington. It is alot of fun to mess with. I haven't looked at it this year, but I assume it is still there. I have used it for the past several years and it is a very popular site.

I'm by far not a hater but Gah I get so sick of reading about how great and unbeatable Milan is every year... Funny thing is they get beat every year always around the semi finals or In the state game! Therefore there not as unbeatable as the cocky Milan fans think they are! Those cocky fans sure tried to forget and drop that lose they almost got at the first of the season!!Most Milan fans are great ppl but these cocky ones I wouldn't mind strangling lol!

I'm by far not a hater but Gah I get so sick of reading about how great and unbeatable Milan is every year... Funny thing is they get beat every year always around the semi finals or In the state game! Therefore there not as unbeatable as the cocky Milan fans think they are! Those cocky fans sure tried to forget and drop that lose they almost got at the first of the season!!Most Milan fans are great ppl but these cocky ones I wouldn't mind strangling lol!

i'll be your huckleberry lil dude. #44 standing by fieldhouse watching the game. at least we get to the final game and have 4 gold balls. how many gold or silver your team got?

I am from milan and the dawgs have not played a good team this year the only reason we win alot is because the teams we play are down, yes I said it, trenton is much better than last year and they were a play away from beating us. Humboldt is not the same team they were in 95,96,97 and Gibson co. have 36 - 0 loseing streak. So my point is that we win because we have a weak schedule and thats the way coach morris wants it a weak schedule so he can look good and win 9 or 10 a year. Because he don't have to play trenton,humboldt, because they are 1 A and none district. I think thats why we lose to teams like Alcoa and CAK., we are not ready for teams like that come playoff time. Alcoa play Maryville every year to get ready for the playoffs in 3 A and they may lose sometime to Maryville but after they play Maryville they know where they stand in 3 A football. All I am say is milan will not win another state championship untill they play a stronger schedule. Yes I know Alcoa and CAK have open enrollment, but everybody that played for milan is not born an raised in milan, they moved to milan to play football. Player lke Tim Perry, Brue and Billy Pafford were from the small town of gibson. And they did not moved to milan they stayed in gibson and played ball in milan. The reason I know is because Tim Perry is my second cousin and his Daddy is my first cousin and his father drove him to milan school from start to finsh and Billy and Bruce when to milan 4 year just to play football and the Pafford own a store in gibson and I know both brother and their parents. They lived in gibson and when to milan in from 79 to 82. Justin Coleman came from Dresden. So we need to stop saying that everybody from milan is born and raised in millan when its not true. This year we will not win state it will be Alcoa or CAk. We will lost to Huntington Covington this year. Ripley will give us a good game and South Gibson will come in to milan and take their first win over milan in a very close game 24 to 21. Sorry Dawgs