Milan vs. South Gibson

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

South Gibson should come into this 4-0 and Milan 3-0. Big game last year in the regular season as S. Gibson was up at the half, but got trounced in the second half. Playoff game last year was down right ugly. But S. Gibson has an added year of experience and coaching, plus the Walden brothers are great athletes. Jonnie Hale in Milan will be rockin' Friday!!! What say you???

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milan has a week off, plus they are still fueled from Trenton game imo. South Gibson will be ready, but it won't be enough. Much credit to the up and coming team and they will win a couple stunner games this year...this won't be one of them. Milan wins by 21-24 pts. Imagine final score being in the area of 49-28ish.

South Gibson will be losing by 6-7 points at halftime but then Milan will let the dawgs out on them. Good luck to both teams. Also I dont talk much on the South Gibson boards but you have been impressing me lots and you guys are only in your second year, lets see if you will prove me wrong and really impress me Friday night.

Also BigPurpleMachine, wondering your thoughts on the Huntingdon Union City game last night, hope you got to see it, it was a good game. Closer than the score in my opinion.

South Gibson will be losing by 6-7 points at halftime but then Milan will let the dawgs out on them. Good luck to both teams. Also I dont talk much on the South Gibson boards but you have been impressing me lots and you guys are only in your second year, lets see if you will prove me wrong and really impress me Friday night.

Also BigPurpleMachine, wondering your thoughts on the Huntingdon Union City game last night, hope you got to see it, it was a good game. Closer than the score in my opinion.

First quater seemed pretty even. In the second half, UC outscored Huntingdon 14-8. But you guys really laid the wood to them in the 2nd qtr. They never recovered. I would have liked to have seen this entire game played in one night. It seems both teams were really focused Friday, but the delay may have caused Union City to get unfocused and didn't get it together til the second half. But you never know, Huntingdon played great! Hats off!!!

Kermit, you will only be impressed with one team when Milan and S. Gibson play and it won't be S. Gibson!!!!

South Gibson has three really good players. Of course, everyone knows of the Walden boys and their big strike capability. The Reed kid is a very good WR also.

The Walden's are going to make some big plays. The key is to limit the amount of big strikes they get. Defensively, SG is not all that good against the pass. TCA racked up over 450 yards in passing agianst them. SG also has an issue with the amount of major penalties they give up in a game. I have seen them give up huge chunks of yardage to the zebras two weeks in an row.

With the type of offense that Milan traditionally runs, they will keep the SG offense on the sidelines and shorten this game. The Milan defense is the best that SG will have faced this season. The Walden's will break a few big runs, but not nearly as many as they have in games past.

My prediction............SG might keep it close early but Milan ends up winning by 3-4 scores.

Kermit, you will only be impressed with one team when Milan and S. Gibson play and it won't be S. Gibson!!!!

I agree 100% but if they did upset you I would be shocked. I just wanted to tell them they have impressed me in their short span of 1 1/2 year it'd be for what they are most new teams like Scotts Hill for example start off raggety. I thought I would tell them if they beat you I'd be real impressed but I don't realistically see it happening.

I wish the full game could've been played as well on Friday night wasn't happy bout driving to Union City twice, & my young one had plans so TSSAA got 5 more dollars off of me for that.