Covington vs crocket

Oldtimer92

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Covington's fans sure are confident.....almost like the 2001 state semifinals when they were favored to pound Crockett County and at the end of the night they lost!

Some fans are more confident than others. I have been to enough games to realize that you don't win on your press clippings. We have had some classic battles with CC over the years. Earnest Williams was a star for CC and later starred for my Memphis Tigers.

We have each sent the other home from the playoffs before. CC won in 2001by a score of 16-3, as you said. Then Covington won the other two playoff games between the two 25-7 in 2005 and 33-28 in 2006.

CC may not be as good as Covington but they are getting better each week as are most teams. This one may be

Closer than you might think.

Covington better be peaking at the right time when they Milan!!

Milan has been in way more pressure packed games than Covington, at home and on the road.

Remember Charger fans, we are the best team in13aa until somebody knocks us off. Don't forget it!!

Games are won and lost on the field....not a message board....With that being said the fans are the ones that that fuel the fire icon_mrgreen.gif Small towns (Counties) take pride in their sports teams like Covington and CC across the state of TN. This is what it's all about....Keep the banter going till Friday nite and then Saturday we can get back on this forum and either brag or be upset by the results...Gotta love high school football fever lol

CC may not be as good as Covington but they are getting better each week as are most teams. This one may be

Closer than you might think. .. Hey swing man this is Covington Crockett page not Milan man we ain't said a word about y'all so ease on back over to your page .. We dont care about Milan .. We go week by week .. The chargers will worry about y'all when they get to y'all

Covington better be peaking at the right time when they Milan!!

Milan has been in way more pressure packed games than Covington, at home and on the road.

Remember Charger fans, we are the best team in13aa until somebody knocks us off. Don't forget it!!

I will not claim to be the best team in the district as long as it is yet to be decided on the field.

I like our team, but with 3 other undefeated teams in the district at this point, the cautious fan will not stir the waters too much yet. Getting on message boards and boasting can give opponents bulletin board material and can fire them up. Why would you do anything that might help the other team and give our team a harder road?

Now, you other fans can do whatever you want, but I am not going to claim too much yet. The season will play out on the field and there is no need in stirring up the opposition needlessly. Patience, grassshopper! If the Chargers are the best, then the results on the field will show it. If they lose a game or two, then they are still my favorite team.

I will not claim to be the best team in the district as long as it is yet to be decided on the field.

I like our team, but with 3 other undefeated teams in the district at this point, the cautious fan will not stir the waters too much yet. Getting on message boards and boasting can give opponents bulletin board material and can fire them up. Why would you do anything that might help the other team and give our team a harder road?

Now, you other fans can do whatever you want, but I am not going to claim too much yet. The season will play out on the field and there is no need in stirring up the opposition needlessly. Patience, grassshopper! If the Chargers are the best, then the results on the field will show it. If they lose a game or two, then they are still my favorite team.

If you think the stuff we the fans post on here means anything on game day, you are in need of medication!

I,ve talked trash on here since 2008 and trust me it has not contributed once to the outcome of a game, get

A grip.