Obion Co Central vs Gibson Co

bigredbird

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seek your revenge this year, it is common knowledge Jackson will be out of there after this year and the job search may be on over there at OCCHS.

Im sure contracts can be broken with some kind of penalty but he did enter into a new four year contract this school year. I have no problems with coach Jackson and alot of people may not care for him but he has made it clear that he is not much of a "parent person". He is there for the kids and he does a fine job with them.

Edited by OCParent

0-4 a fine job with a big senior class?

Wasn't really talking about this years playing ability. I was speaking mainly about how well he works with the kids. And the respect that they have for him. But if your own here to speak for Gibson Co. I would not even bring up 0-4. What is Gibson County's excuses? Y'all have had several coaches over the past few years without a winning season.

Edited by OCParent

We are talking about player development, Jackson spent zero time with the younger class last two years and it shows this year. We are talking about how Jacksons teams quit on him by the end of the year because they cannot take the negativity. I am not a Gibson fan, could care less but it would be karma for them to put up a fight against the bully who onside kicks and goes for two up 30 or 40. It is not the kids fault at OC that the coaches neglected them. Someone will be there to take the job over soon.

You know im real tired of hearing about the disrespect shown for GC. Milan just blew them away last week. I believe the score was 60 something to 6. Heck everybody does it to GC. Even if the coach wanted kids to slow down on GC do you actually think the kids would listen?? Kids want to win and win BIG! Plus that is the wrong thing to teach a team. You can't tell your kids not to do their best. Plus this years players did get playing time last year. Usually the entire 4th and half of the 3rd quarter unless it was against Covington or Dyersburg or a playoff game.

You know im real tired of hearing about the disrespect shown for GC. Milan just blew them away last week. I believe the score was 60 something to 6. Heck everybody does it to GC. Even if the coach wanted kids to slow down on GC do you actually think the kids would listen?? Kids want to win and win BIG! Plus that is the wrong thing to teach a team. You can't tell your kids not to do their best. Plus this years players did get playing time last year. Usually the entire 4th and half of the 3rd quarter unless it was against Covington or Dyersburg or a playoff game.

Once again, Milan did not kick 7-8 onside kicks and they had their starters out in the second quarter. Like I said, there's no justification for what Jackson did last year to Gibson.

Once again, Milan did not kick 7-8 onside kicks and they had their starters out in the second quarter. Like I said, there's no justification for what Jackson did last year to Gibson.

But they didn't have to score 60 plus points on you. Oh wait yeah they did ...its called practice. You know maybe that's what Jackson was doing. Maybe he was trying to get some live practice in so that he would be better prepared for the tougher teams down the road. Or maybe its as simple as this... its part of football and if any film had been watched then GC would have known to expect the onside kick. Just bring it on Friday night. Play dirty,get your revenge or however you think it needs to be handled. Maybe you will get your first win in along time. If GC goes out and plays the game with minimal penalties I can see them possibly taking a win Friday night. Truthfully GC going oust there friday night and playing with class and winning would hurt OC more if that's what GC is set out to do. And the only reason I kept bringing Milan up is because it was the most recent. Just remember we only put up 40 against y'all last year. Most all other teams put up more than that when they play GC.

Does Coach Gomes (HogHeaven) have a screen name on here?? Just curious. He is still talking "smack" on the Dresden threads and on threads in that district.

I am pulling for Gibson County to win this one (for the record). I think one of the defensive coaches (Dooland or Dowland) for OC acted like a "punk" to us after the game. My son is a sophomore and stated that he wouldn't even shake hands after the game at OC.

Go Pioneers! Don't let Gomer call your game, you may actually have a chance in this one.

As far as the onside kicks, I agree it is part of the game whether you think its poor sportsmanship or not. You may get me once by surprise and twice if you get the lucky bounce. 7-8 times???? Get on the dang BALL!!!! Jackson possibly on the way out at OBION CENTRAL? An 0-10 season for Gibson County could make for a short "Cruce"!!!

As a senior he has paid his dues, whether a 4 year starter or a sub. Now, he is in his final year of high school football. Day in and day out he practices the team's game plan. He suits up on game night and takes the field. The team's strategy is paying off. 40+ points are on the board. His team has disrespected the opponent for this??? I think not. This player has earned the right to take the field and play. Should he sit out because his team is better than yours? Should a team that has a passing offense stop throwing the ball? Should a running team start passing the ball? Should he stop kicking onside kicks when that is the team strategy not only for the night but for the season? Yes, he knows how it feels to lose because for 2 years his team went winless, yes a robust 0 - 20 for a 2 year drought. Are they running up the score? Are they being taught poor sportsmanship? Is this a sad day in football history? I think not!

I do not agree with intentionally running up the score on a lesser opponent. I do agree with letting players that have earned their place to play the game. I do agree with running the team offense, defense and special teams they would normally run. I don't see teams with a prolific ground game decide to start throwing the ball when they get a good lead. It's not as if the straters were allowed to play the entire game. They played the first half. Yet they are criticized for not being pulled earlier. Then when the playoffs approach, the Rebels are predicted to lose because they haven't had to play 4 quarters throughout the year.

Well, I for one disagree with most of this. I believe an old coach once stated "It's our job to score and their job to stop us". The only way that game would have been competitive would have been for the starters to not play at all for OC. I don't think a team should change it's mantra just because the opponent can't stop them. They did what they do. As a result, OC was able to pull the starters after the 1st half with a comfortable lead and not risk injuries to starters in the 2nd half. Had OC not been such slow starters in more games the subs may have gotten more playing time. But I'm sure the starters enjoyed being able to play the position they worked hard to earn. As I said, I don't believe in intentionally running up the score, but I don't believe in politically correct football requirements either. OC will be lucky to get 2 wins this year, and possibly 5 next year. But they will perhaps get 8 wins the next year. Doesn't matter. There will always be some with their feelings hurt, there will be some to cry foul, and there will be some to just cry. Perhaps adults should leave kid games to kids.

GOOD LUCK REBELS!

I don't believe Jackson was there for the 1st 0-10 season of the 2 back to back the Rebels had a few years ago. And I remember several teams winning by 50+. I don't agree with everything Coach Jackson does but I don't think OC is hated by anyone that didn't get some payback in the last couple of years. Covington may win by 50 and the players will deal with it. How Jackson runs his off season and what he uses for motivation means nothing to real teams, not anymore than Covington's playoff video last year. From what I saw he used the teams that beat the Rebels last season for motivation. Makes sense to me. I am however glad to hear that coaches in the league have the kids' interest at heart. I personally don't care if Jackson stays or goes. OC will continue to play football win or lose, with or without him. There will be good years and bad years. This year is undoubtedly a tough year with a plethera of talent to replace from graduation. But with several skill players being sophomores, the good will return. And the dastardly Rebels will be hated upon again.

Jackson's antics that he pulls, not just against Gibson, just shows the acceptance level in Obion Co. at this point in time and it's pretty low. Ask any area coaches about Jackson at OC? They may not come out and let it be known to the public that they don't care for him, but don't let that fool you. What is the reason the OC/UC rivalry is being discontinued after this year in all sports between the 2 schools? UC has the same exact view point that the rest of this area has towards OC. They're just taking it a step further by discontinuing games with them.