Williamsburg, Ky @ Oneida

crow

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's the secondary coming around?

Holy smoke batman, a champ sighting, to the bat mobileroflolk.gif

What's up champ? You sunning on the beach or still trying to dry your socks form all that rain? The secondary was much improved against a pretty pass oriented CG last Friday (well pass happy by Oneida's standards they were really pretty balanced). There have been a few tweeks the last couple of weeks. Some corners are now safety's some safety's are now corners, some very young guys are playing there now & did outstanding Friday night. They are shaping up pretty nicely. If they continue to improve from here on out like they have to this point it could harken back to that '08-'09 secondaryicon_e_surprised.gif You think I'm joking but I'm not ref. Roy Dillard (sorry Roy please don't get me for copy right infringement). They still have some learning to do but as a unit much improved & rapidly getting better.

Edited by crow

Hey Champ.....enjoying the Tiki Bar? Last week was our best showing thus far because I think CG was a little better than West Greene. I'm sure they were more than motivated to keep their record clean. The other thing that seems to be helping that secondary is they are giving the corners over the top support and the safeties are getting the message not to let anyone behind them. Taking away any big plays is causing teams to sustain long drives....which has proved to eventually wear themselves out. The Defense stiffens when it has too and there are some big hitters on that side of the ball. I think the longest run for CG was 18 yards while our offense had several runs of longer than 30. (46 yrd TD, 80 yrd TD called back, 47 yrd TD, 29 yrd TD) Were the ones I remember. Since my mind doesn't function much better than Smash Sings.....then I can't recall the others!icon_mrgreen.gif

Birdie got de-cleated in the game.....and it was hilarious. (only because he didn't suffer an injury) That boy's feet went straight up in the air.....looked like one of them old roadrunner/wiley coyote cartoons.

Glad to see your still alive. Congrats to you and the Missus!!!

thumb[1].gif Kaz

Crow and Kaz, appreciate the info. And yep Me and the new Miss is running up and down the beachline here in Hawaii for another week or so. I hope the secondary has been fixed. I was only able to watch the GB game and it was uuuggglllyyy. Glad to see TL getting the kinks worked out. Im pretty sure WB is a pass happy team and from what I gather, they are averaging near 50+ a game. Im anxious to see what the boys can do to slow them down. Sounds like last week the boys in the trench worked their tails off and it payed up. Good to see them get some recognition for that. Alright boys, the waves are crashing, Lua'a skirts are dangling, music is blaring ,bartender is hollering my name and the WIFE is giving me the evil eye...Ill be around watching this....popcorneater.gif

Oneida looks good on their running game,but if they want to go deep in the play offs they need to get more balanced with the pass game. Where's the faith in the receivers and QB??? The ball was thrown more in the CG game than any game so far. Hopefully theyll keep that up and keep the defense on their toes so Bear can run up the middle for so big yards!!!

I think I should make a less violent, thoughful post! I havent seen Williamsburg this year, but they are doing pretty well. The rankings are from two weeks ago (not sure about last weeks game). I guess Hazard is so dadgum mean, they are 1-0 and listed at #2! Wow!

This will a great opportunity for the Indians to play a quality team but Williamsburg is gonna play all night. Oneida hung in there last year but ended up fadding in the 2nd half....time for some revenge boys!!!

Class 1A

1. Mayfield (9) 2-1 98 1

2. Hazard (1) 1-0 87 2

3. Frankfort 3-0 74 4

4. Fairview 3-0 64 5

5. Williamsburg 3-0 61 6

6. Beechwood 0-2 52 3

7. Raceland 2-1 45 7

8. KCD 3-0 35 8

9. Russellville 2-1 21 9

Edited by SmashMouth