Perry County@ Collinwood

MTscouter

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think the PC boys have it in them to pull out a win, they just need to have a little more confidence. They have been starting out well, but if they get behind by a TD or two, the defense seems to fall apart. Take Friday's game against Riverside for example. The game was tied 7-7 at halftime, but when the Panthers pulled ahead, things went downhill rapidly. Collinwood was in the same position as PC last year, lost a lot of players from the year before, and had a very young team with not a lot of experience. They shouldn't have that problem this year. The Vikings AND the coaches have their work cut out for them, I just hope they haven't become too discouraged. Remember, boys, each loss brings more experience, and experience leads to victory.thumb[1].gif

Edited by viking_fan

I still think the PC boys have it in them to pull out a win, they just need to have a little more confidence. They have been starting out well, but if they get behind by a TD or two, the defense seems to fall apart. Take Friday's game against Riverside for example. The game was tied 7-7 at halftime, but when the Panthers pulled ahead, things went downhill rapidly. Collinwood was in the same position as PC last year, lost a lot of players from the year before, and had a very young team with not a lot of experience. They shouldn't have that problem this year. The Vikings AND the coaches have their work cut out for them, I just hope they haven't become too discouraged. Remember, boys, each loss brings more experience, and experience leads to victory.thumb[1].gif

What kind of talent is on the way up?

Yes it's just a maturing issue once they realize you can get down a TD or two in the game don't just sit and take it keep fighting to stop and trust your offense. I hope to see them start to turn the season around

What kind of talent is on the way up?

It may take a little while to rebuild the PC team we have a few good players coming but I don't know if they will have enough help to show their potential. It takes more than few good players to make a good team. Maybe a few of our guys will step up but there is still a lot of room for us to grow.

Success breeds success and failure breeds failure. To stop the failures and turn things around the boys are going to have shake off the negative and build on the positive. Our offense/defense isn't all that bad. It's just that after a bad play or penalty heads start hanging, players start complaining and when that starts you let up, whether you realize it or not! The "Whats the use attitude" is a game killer. Maybe some of these boys have forgotten whats its like to be on the bench and wanting in the game. When players just give up on a play, whatever the excuse, tired or crying or anything else short of injury, is unacceptable and should be dealt with. Theres plenty of players on the bench now just dying to see some action and a little dose of the bench can open a few eyes.

Success breeds success and failure breeds failure. To stop the failures and turn things around the boys are going to have shake off the negative and build on the positive. Our offense/defense isn't all that bad. It's just that after a bad play or penalty heads start hanging, players start complaining and when that starts you let up, whether you realize it or not! The "Whats the use attitude" is a game killer. Maybe some of these boys have forgotten whats its like to be on the bench and wanting in the game. When players just give up on a play, whatever the excuse, tired or crying or anything else short of injury, is unacceptable and should be dealt with. Theres plenty of players on the bench now just dying to see some action and a little dose of the bench can open a few eyes.

Well said, chemtrail.

thumb[1].gif I agree....