Big Games in Memphis - Week 4

kwc

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, once again for the folks picking against Whitehaven I would like to direct you the the youtube clip of Mr. Wonka.

Game 1: Fri., Sept. 14 (4-0) Jackson Northside (D13-5A) @ (1-2) Brighton (D13-6A)

JNS -13

Game 2: Fri., Sept. 14 (2-1) St. Benedict (D2-AA West) @ (4-0) Briarcrest (D2-AA West)

Briarcrest -3

Game 3: Fri., Sept. 14 (3-1) Southwind (D15-6A) @ (2-1) Collierville (D15-6A)

Collierville -7

Game 4: Fri., Sept. 14 (4-0) Crockett Co. (D13-4A) @ (4-0) Covington (D13-4A)

Covington -17

Game 5: Fri., Sept. 14 (2-2) Dyer Co. (D13-5A) @ (2-2) Munford (D13-5A)

Dyer Co - 3

Game 6: Fri., Sept. 14 (2-1) Frayser (D15-4A) @ (3-1) Manassas (D15-3A)

Frayser -6

Game 7: Thur., Sept. 13 (2-2) East (D16-5A) vs. (2-2) Hamilton (D16-5A) @ Crump

East -4

Game 8: Fri., Sept. 14 (4-0) Olive Branch (MHSAA-6A) @ (3-1) MUS (D2-AA West)

Olive Branch -13 (Size wins and Speed for OB wins out)

Game 9: Fri., Sept. 14 (4-0) St. George's (D2-A West) @ (4-0) Fayette Aca. (D2-A West)

St. George's -6

Game 10: Fri., Sept. 14 (2-1) Harding Aca. (D2-A West) @ (2-1) SBEC (D2-A West)

Harding Academy -3

Game 11: Fri., Sept. 14 (4-0) Whitehaven (D16-6A) vs. (2-2) White Station (D16-6A) @ Fairground

White Station has a heckuva a Coach in Devin Rutherford, but their Defense is Suspect. I would love some of you people's analysis on why or HOW Whitehaven can lose to these folks! RESPECT DA HAVEN!!!

Here we go:

Brighton Why is everyone so high on JNS

Maybe because Adam Craig is their Quarterback and they have six Wr's that run 4.6 or better with great ball skills or it could be because they run the triple option with Craig (212 lbs. and runs 4.6) either running it, giving it to Marcus Maxwell (a beast) or pitching it to one of the speedsters! Or it could be because their defense has scored more touchdowns(4) than they have given up(3)!!! Im just saying, it could be any of those things, but Im sure its because of all of those things!

Game 8: Fri., Sept. 14 (4-0) Olive Branch (MHSAA-6A) @ (3-1) MUS (D2-AA West)

Olive Branch -13 (Size wins and Speed for OB wins out)

Same thing was said in 2008 when OB had a NFL-size OL and speed all over the field. MUS beat them handily. Last year, OB won at home 21-17 after a fake punt that went for a TD midway through the 4th quarter and a last minute TD pass with MUS star DB Dale out injured. MUS is better this year and is at home. OB probably is not as good. (Ask somebody who saw Da Owls claw Da Tigers in a scrimmage last month) If MUS plays without any key players missing due to injury, they will win; otherwise it's a tossup. Respect Da Owls!

Edited by owlbooster

JACKSON NSIDE 27-14

BRIARCREST 34 ST BENEDICT 13 - Jordan Wilkins held to 100 yards. Bj Nagle throws for 230.

Cville 24 swind 14

crockett co 17 covington 40

Dyer co 24 munford 17

Frayser (D15-4A) @ (3-1) Manassas (D15-3A)- Frayser 31-17

East (D16-5A) vs. (2-2) Hamilton- East 47-7

Olive Branch (MHSAA-6A) @ (3-1) MUS Olive Branch 27-20 hope mus wins though.

St. George's (D2-A West) @ (4-0) Fayette Aca- St georges 34 fayette academy 13 - Fayette Academy has not played anyone this good yet.

Harding Aca. (D2-A West) @ (2-1) SBEC- Harding 31 sbec 21

Whitehaven (D16-6A) vs. (2-2) White Station- Whitehaven wins easy 34-10

Same thing was said in 2008 when OB had a NFL-size OL and speed all over the field. MUS beat them handily. Last year, OB won on a fake punt that went for a TD midway through the 4th quarter and a last minute TD pass with MUS star DB Dale out injured. MUS is better this year. OB probably is not as good. Talk to somebody who saw Da Owls claw Da Tigers in a scrimmage last month. If MUS plays without any key players missing due to injury, they will win. Respect Da Owls!

When it comes down to it OB will win. Whitehaven vs. MUS scrimmage has NOTHING to do with my pick.

Maybe because Adam Craig is their Quarterback and they have six Wr's that run 4.6 or better with great ball skills or it could be because they run the triple option with Craig (212 lbs. and runs 4.6) either running it, giving it to Marcus Maxwell (a beast) or pitching it to one of the speedsters! Or it could be because their defense has scored more touchdowns(4) than they have given up(3)!!! Im just saying, it could be any of those things, but Im sure its because of all of those things!

I found this link, on schools website! This should validate my statement and show why people are "So High on North Side"!!! Edited by slapper

Maaaannnnn ... look at all of these posts on here, and so many subjects to talk about. BHS and Owlbooster going at it. (Owlbooster is even flame throwing at Whitehaven over a scrimmage!) Slapper is on here defending JNS. (All dou did was ask a question ... anybody got the feeling that ole Slapper taking it personal? ... rolleyes.gif )

Sniff ... sniff ... my baby (Big Games in Memphis) is growing up before my very eyes ... flower.gif

I LIKE IT! ... thumb[1].gif

Edited by kwc

Maaaannnnn ... look at all of these posts on here, and so many subjects to talk about. BHS and Owlbooster going at it. (Owlbooster is even flame throwing at Whitehaven over a scrimmage!)

"Flame throwing?" You must be kidding me. Talk about hyperbole. My implied point is that anybody that saw that scrimmage would have to admit at the very least Da Owls and Da Haven are equal. Thus, to pick OB by 13 at MUS would be equivalent to picking OB by 13 at Da Haven. Don't think we would ever see BHS make THAT pick. I have no problem with anybody picking OB. But by 13 at MUS? I think that's a bit.....well, disrespectful?

Edited by owlbooster