AP Press Poll for 1A this week.

KermitDeeFrog

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Gordonsville is very tough. It is no secret our line was much better last year than it is this year. That is why I have them ahead right now. Very explosive with Watson at QB. But, I do bleed orange and black and like Sp to hopefully showdown with them and look forward to a good match. The Boyd Sp game will show a lot cause if SP can handle Boyds Giant line they can play with any 1a school.

wait are you saying boyd and gordy boys are bigger than seq and grundy? If thats the case we should quit now.

Seniors is what handed SP a Silver Ball last year, won't surprise me if the same happens this year. Except it you won't even get a Silver Ball if Gville sends you home.

theGURU you are not from Gordonsville I know you are Perry County and proud of it, you got good points a lot too so I am wondering your thoughts on Gordonsville do you think they got what it takes?

Just out of curiosity, and no disrespect to Gordonsville (because i see them all year) or South Pitt (only because when you play them, everyone knows what you're getting) but since Gordonsville isnt in the same region, I'm curious how these other teams that i dont get to see, look. What makes these other top 10 teams like Greenback, Union City, Huntingdon, and Coalfield stand out? What's their strengths and weaknesses? What type O and D do they run? Any D1 prospects?

Edited by Tigertradition

1. Gordonsville

2. South Pittsburg

3. Greenback

4. Huntingdon

5. Union City

6. Coalfield

7. Moore County

8. Copper Basin

9. Columbia Academy

10. Clarksville Academy

This poll is just my opinion. I'm from West Tennessee and i've watched Huntingdon and Union City play, I just don't see them competing very well with those 3 east teams,(even though i know Gordonsville is just east of nashville and South Pittsburg is just west of Chattanooga). Gordonsville's only loss was against Smith County, (which i'm not mistaken is number 8 in the 3A). Good luck the rest of the way boys.

Just out of curiosity, and no disrespect to Gordonsville (because i see them all year) or South Pitt (only because when you play them, everyone knows what you're getting) but since Gordonsville isnt in the same region, I'm curious how these other teams that i dont get to see, look. What makes these other top 10 teams like Greenback, Union City, Huntingdon, and Coalfield stand out? What's their strengths and weaknesses? What type O and D do they run? Any D1 prospects?

What makes them different is they win year in and year out,consistancy.Solid coaching!Great off season workouts. Edited by orngnblk