Prayer Ban at UTC worries Students. Same ban instituted at UTKnoxville

PHargis

If the president wants to pass something through congress,what does he need? THE MAJORITY VOTE. If i want to eat at Chilis and my wife and kids wants to eat at Logans guess what we eatin at Logans. So here my point, Majority vote always wins. I say that to ask this question. Why is it at a UT ballgame for instance u have 98000 people tthat want to pray for athletes and the nation and 2000 that doesnt want it, and we have to quit praying?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What part of:

Since that time, officially sponsored school prayer violates several of the constitutional requirements cited in two major cases decided in 1962 and 1963 the result of which determined that a student can pray on the school grounds so long as the prayer is a private exercise, such as a prayer before meals or reading the Bible between classes. However, school officials cannot be involved in sponsoring religious exercise by setting the time or place of these observances...as in, oh...every Friday night just before kickoff.

was so difficult to comprehend?

We don't live in a nation of "mob rule." We live in a nation of laws. There was a time when slavery was favored by a majority. It was still wrong. There was a time much more recently in our nation's lifeline when people were violently opposed to civil rights and desegregation. They were wrong.

Did your church go out of business or something? Can't find another one to attend on Wednesday nights and Sunday morning? My guess is "no" and "no"

When people prayed at public school football, did kids sometimes get injured anyway? When people prayed at public school football, did 9-11 still happen anyway? Maybe God wants you to save it for somewhere else - because all that praying for no injuries and no bad things to ever happen didn't keep it from happening. Maybe it's time for humans to have a little faith in the human race's ability...you know, like to design safer football helmets for less injury issues and better ways to keep the terrorists at bay - instead of chanting an oath toward the sky for it to happen.

But no amount of reason or common sense will get through to the brainwashed.

Nrgrizzlies ill pray for u. Ill tell ya no matter if u choose to believe or not there is one thing for sure "EVERY KNEE WILL BOW AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL CONFESS ". Brainwashed is someone who allows the devil to deceive them into thinkin there is nuttin to believe in and ur chanting at a empty sky. U cante xplain the human race and all the animals on the earth, birds in the air and fish in the sea without a God. Simple as that. How many people do u know that wasnt conceived by man and a woman or in this day in age donated sperm and an egg. Lol however the fact is that u have to have that man and womans parts to make a child so we had to start from somewhere. There is no big bang or evolution. If there was its still been millions of years since its happened so how come i havnt met one of these evolved people. Everyone i know has or had parents

99.85 of highly educated scientists in the U.S. know evolution happened and happens on this planet. The proof is OVERWHELMING (In other countries, the number of relevant scientists who accept creationism drops to less than one tenth of 1 percent.) All the "flat earth" type talk only makes the religious fanatics look really illiterate and backwards.

Link to REAL facts and statistics:

http://www.talkorigi...c/CA/CA111.html

Edited by nrgrizzlies

First let me say this. I dont want to tell u that ur wrong or condemn ur beliefs. What i would like to do is show u the magic of Jesus because of the magical things that have transformed in my life. U will never see or understand what u CHOOSE not to. It is a CHOICE. And u will always find a diff answer if u r looking to prove it doesnt exist. But that doesnt mean it aint real, just means u choose to accept something else.Now i truly belive in science and the things u speak of and i believe evolution is possible. However u have to have an open mind. Scientist are just people first of all and the proof they speak of aint necessarilly always proof. I read they have studeied DNA for years and part of the DNA is junk we dont use it so they never invested any time in it. Now years later they have discovered that so called junk DNA is the swiches to the DNA that determines what activates in ur body such as someone having cancer that smoked 1year versus someone that never got cancer that smoked 40 years. Scientist are wrong alot. All u Have to do is be open to the posibility and ask for him to come into ur life and just see what happens. What will it hurt u? U may actually be very grateful that u gave it a chance. I do not want to pressure u or push anything on u by any means. Totally ur choice. I read scientific things everyday and love it im very interested in whatsg oin on and what they have dicovered cause i love to see how God works.

• 1 month later...

If the president wants to pass something through congress,what does he need? THE MAJORITY VOTE. If i want to eat at Chilis and my wife and kids wants to eat at Logans guess what we eatin at Logans. So here my point, Majority vote always wins. I say that to ask this question. Why is it at a UT ballgame for instance u have 98000 people tthat want to pray for athletes and the nation and 2000 that doesnt want it, and we have to quit praying?

I would say its probably closer to 200!, if that!

• 5 weeks later...

99.85 of highly educated scientists in the U.S. know evolution happened and happens on this planet. The proof is OVERWHELMING (In other countries, the number of relevant scientists who accept creationism drops to less than one tenth of 1 percent.) All the "flat earth" type talk only makes the religious fanatics look really illiterate and backwards.

Link to REAL facts and statistics:

http://www.talkorigi...c/CA/CA111.html

At one time 99.85% of "highly educated scientists" knew that the earth was flat,too! Illiterate and backwards were words reserved for those who said that the world was round.There's a relatively new theory concerning how all matter came into being...it's called "intellegent design".Do the research for yourself if you'd like,but it states that the diversity of all life forms on the planet could not have come from the same single cell organism(to paraphrase).No way to prove,or disprove either way of thinking while still breathing...why don't we just agree to disagree and allow each person the freedom to participate in prayer,or choose not to as long as no one forces them to conform to the others way of thinking?Which seems more like someone's rights are being infringed,for you to just remain respectfully silent during prayer,or for you to disallow it because you don't believe in it?

• 4 weeks later...

According to the law of the land (and it has been upheld in previous court cases) the answer is to NOT have group prayer (tantamount to a mini-church service) at public school sporting events. However, today is Sunday and nobody stopped you from going to church. As matter of fact, nobody has ever stopped anybody who posts here from going. Or praying on their own.

That's why it works- this America. The separation of church and state concept works really well and there is not reason for it to be trashed out of frustration from thing such as...oh... the people in east TN voted for the guy who lost in the run for the White House the last couple of times... you know, things like that. Let's cut to the chase - that is what is really bothering too many people and they are giving the knee-jerk far-right reaction in every way they can think of... religion, guns, putting Chik-fil-A on a pedestal, etc.etc. It's a 24/7/365 obsession with the right-wingers and it really is a shame to see those people make themself miserable every minute of every day instead of simply accepting the clear uncontested results of the election.

And it wasn't even all that close.